• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Didn't know they were ever not street legal. I've seen my share driving around since they've been made.
    I have always wanted one. With a turret of course. Don't care if it's not running and full of bullet holes. I will fix it. :drool:

They are just so pricey!

mkress77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I haven't seen one driving around for a few years. I used to see one all the time on the west side of Indy. They are much cooler than H1-3

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Last time I saw one, it was towing a Fiero. Stopped and talked to the guy, and as you would expect, he was awesome. I just thought the pink banana hammock was a little much. Or maybe, not enough.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Every 6.2/6.5 is high maintenance...

???

Not anymore than any other diesel engine... My dad has a 1980 GMC work/business truck that has seen TONS of heavy use in ag fields doing hard work ... The only thing ever done to it (outside of routine maintenance) was glow-plugs, having the heads planed, and rebuild injection pump. None of those are unexpected repairs on a truck that is coming up on a half-century old...

That being said, one of the stupid things about the 6.2 diesel is the glow-plugs sense when the engine is running by alternator output. IE, alternator fails your glow plugs with continue kicking on even while the engine is running and they will most certainly burn out if you don't catch it. After the 1st time it happened to dad he caught it the 2nd time. He was driving down the road and he saw the light kicking on/off/on/off, so he stopped and completely disconnected the glow-plugs. When he got home he promptly trashed the entire automatic glow-plug system and put them on a push-button.

Outside of that, the 6.2 is a bit anemic being naturally aspirated but the 6.5 does quite well and parts are readily available.

Top Bottom