• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    We are thinking of going with one of these options. We looking into Playstation Vue, but that isn't worth the money for what we would use it for. So what says the :ingo: braintrust? Am I missing any other streaming options. Looking at the $35 price range if we do it.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I have Sling TV, and it works great for me. I have the blue plan which is 24.99 a month I think. It has all the channels I used to watch on Dish.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    What type of stuff do you want? Personally my Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO add on have my viewing needs covered for entertainment generally. News and what not is generally put on YouTube for free and IMHO most cable shows kind of suck now.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    What type of stuff do you want? Personally my Netflix, Amazon Prime and HBO add on have my viewing needs covered for entertainment generally. News and what not is generally put on YouTube for free and IMHO most cable shows kind of suck now.

TBH, we are thinking of cancelling netflix, as we are really out of shows we want to watch. We have Prime and I would like some sports (Football, hockey, basketball) and there are some other events that are a pain to find streaming (Olympics, Rose Parade, other events here and there).

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Sling has great sports options. We run Amazon on the fire stick along with Netflix and sling. We have more options than we can watch. After adding stuff on plus cloud based DVR (amazeballs) it's $50 or $55 monthly

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    We've had direct tv now for about 6 months and have been pretty happy with it. We got it as an add on to our cell plan for $10 a month with att. We used to have sling and I am definitely happier with direct tv now.

We also have Netflix and Amazon prime as well as the apps on the firestick.

One thing I've noticed with streaming is every now and then it does stutter/buffer but it could be the junk speeds in my neighborhood. We also go over our data limit in the winter months sometimes, with three tv's streaming all at once.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you have ATT home phone or internet or wireless, its hard to beat having Directvnow. Free streaming on their wireless plans with no data usage.

Have tried Sling, Vue, and now DirectvNow. Vue has a DVR function but DTVNow is working on it. We got it grandfathered so the 60$ package costs us 35$ until we drop it
    We are thinking of going with one of these options. We looking into Playstation Vue, but that isn't worth the money for what we would use it for. So what says the :ingo: braintrust? Am I missing any other streaming options. Looking at the $35 price range if we do it.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'm thinking about cutting the cord soon too but have a couple of questions. We generally watch a few network shows which I believe I can get with Hulu but what about Discovery or History channel shows, where or how can I view these? I don't want to view them live, is there way to stream them at my leisure? What are the DVR type options?

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Get an antenna for NBC. DTVNow has Olympic channel and CNBC, NBCSN, MSNBC etc. At least in my current package

NBC is out of range of our antenna. I could get it, but I don't want to put the antenna any higher than what it is (because I would need a huge tower to get Indy channels (Muncie, the only place that isn't served by a metro antenna area!).

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Sounds like you have an opportunity cost decision to make.

NBC is out of range of our antenna. I could get it, but I don't want to put the antenna any higher than what it is (because I would need a huge tower to get Indy channels (Muncie, the only place that isn't served by a metro antenna area!).

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I'm thinking about cutting the cord soon too but have a couple of questions. We generally watch a few network shows which I believe I can get with Hulu but what about Discovery or History channel shows, where or how can I view these? I don't want to view them live, is there way to stream them at my leisure? What are the DVR type options?

Dtvnow has history and discovery. The on demand portion is hit or miss and changes all the time. I do wish it was more consistent.

Top Bottom