• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    Last Saturday I attended the 8-hour Hoosier State Training Vehicle Darkness Gunfighting Class. It was a fantastic learning experience! Dan Burch did an amazing job instructing us. It ran from 2pm-10pm. The training with great examples showed actual applications and results along with dispelling many myths about gunfighting in and around vehicles during daylight and nighttime.

Here's the course description from the HST Facebook page:

HST Self-Defense Vehicle and Darkness Gunfighting is a weapon manipulation class for real world threats in both daylight and darkness. This advanced application course focuses on weapon light tactics, light/illumination techniques and movement within, around and through a vehicle. Advanced carbine and handgun manipulation techniques are integrated throughout the course. Participant’s choice on using carbine and/or handgun in the class. The class is approximately 8 hours, and the cost is $200 per person. This class is not for novice shooters and requires demonstration of strong gun handling skills prior to acceptance into the class. The class will be physically demanding.

Here's a link to their Facebook page along with some pictures during the class: Hoosier State Training

...real world threats... with all of current events in Israel and our open border policy, it was a great class to take. Thank you Dan...job well done! This was my 3rd class under Dan and I will be back for more.

el_barto3

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2023
    New Albany
    My
    Last Saturday I attended the 8-hour Hoosier State Training Vehicle Darkness Gunfighting Class. It was a fantastic learning experience! Dan Burch did an amazing job instructing us. It ran from 2pm-10pm. The training with great examples showed actual applications and results along with dispelling many myths about gunfighting in and around vehicles during daylight and nighttime.

Here's the course description from the HST Facebook page:

HST Self-Defense Vehicle and Darkness Gunfighting is a weapon manipulation class for real world threats in both daylight and darkness. This advanced application course focuses on weapon light tactics, light/illumination techniques and movement within, around and through a vehicle. Advanced carbine and handgun manipulation techniques are integrated throughout the course. Participant’s choice on using carbine and/or handgun in the class. The class is approximately 8 hours, and the cost is $200 per person. This class is not for novice shooters and requires demonstration of strong gun handling skills prior to acceptance into the class. The class will be physically demanding.

Here's a link to their Facebook page along with some pictures during the class: Hoosier State Training

...real world threats... with all of current events in Israel and our open border policy, it was a great class to take. Thank you Dan...job well done! This was my 3rd class under Dan and I will be back for more.
    My uscca concealed carry September magazine had a good section on gun fighting in a car from a LEO perspective

Attachments

• 16988641299191400861249818183013.jpg
      16988641299191400861249818183013.jpg
      290.1 KB · Views: 5
    • 16988642414072656360247219687444.jpg
      16988642414072656360247219687444.jpg
      283.3 KB · Views: 5

firefighterjohn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 31, 2010
    My

My uscca concealed carry September magazine had a good section on gun fighting in a car from a LEO perspective
    I'll try to read your article later. It's not easy drawing from your strong side while seated with your seat belt on, but it can be done safely. I did it from both driver and passenger seats WITH a partner in the other seat at the time. When the "THREAT!" command was given, we worked as a team in multiple drills...with pistols and rifles! It was an awesome learning expereince and one you have to experience. I too have read about it, watched videos, dry-practiced on my own...but that was NOTHING compared to shooting real-time under pressure...that can only be achieved during training!

Top Bottom