• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VinceU1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Indy
    Like Fenway said, no line and light crowd. Don't expect a deal on guns, but if you're after little parts there's deals to be had. Also ammo is kind of outrageous!

headleyj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Bloomington
    Crap- was hoping for decent ammo prices...oh well, need some parts and misc things...can always try to pull up online prices of ammo I guess and show em what u can get it for...would rather support local vendors but not gonna go broke doin it

Oldbird13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Hamilton County,IN
    Feedback from Friday

I asked a shuttle bus driver last night around 7:15 how the crowds were...nothing like January show. I didn't think there was as many visitors as well and several vendors I spoke at length with felt the same. Due to mobility and work commitment issues I am a Friday guy as far as show goes. I spoke to one private collector, vendor who used to be a Kimber rifle rep years ago commented that "not many really nice guns at this show, nothing like Louisville, KY show". I found that interesting and after thinking about it I wonder why. I am planning on trying out the next KY, not jelly, show in June? To see how it stacks up. Any of you Southern,IN members who can confirm, please chime in, offer your thoughts. A big plus to the vendor for allowing inside waiting although Friday's weather was pretty good but they should have people exiting closer to the entrance of show as opposed to going back outside and then waiting in weather again in a longer line. Was amazed at some ammo prices. Talked to a guy from Illinois who belongs to a shooting league and he was talking about how several members had to quit the league because they couldn't find the ammo to shoot. I wonder how long this will take before the hoarding cools off and things get back to "normal?". After leaving the show this time I didn't have the feeling I have had before of..boy I can't wait until the next one.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    The December and Feb. Kentucky gun show (national gun day) have a larger quantity and quality of classic/collectible guns, the Colt and Winchesters are well represented! You will see more black guns being bought/sold or carried at the Indy1500 but if you like blued steel and walnut furniture the Ky show wins hands down.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I know ammo prices are going to be insane, but how about reloading supplies? Specifically small pistol and small rifle primers? any idea on availability and prices?

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I got there today about 9:30am. Stayed until 12.30pm. No line when I got there and no line when I left. Crowd was pretty small compared to what I thought it was going to be like. Guns and ammo was priced high. I stopped by the INGO table and talked to Fenway and lovemywoods. Picked up a INGO tshirt and some stickers.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Are there reloading components?

I may go to the 1500 to seek out some projectiles. Has anyone seen reloading components at the 1500? I'm looking for 9mm projectiles in particular. What are prices like?

Jmebd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Does anyone know if there are any bolt carriers only up thee and general price range for such?

Also, are there any upper receiver only's there? I've got a barrel and everything on that end...just need a receiver, bolt carrier (have the bolt) and a charging handle and I'm good to go....

Thanks in advance!

MJ317

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Greenwood
    No line. Not crowded at all.
    BCG's $150.00. 22LR $75.00 brick:noway: Very proud of them.

Reloading supplies were reasonable. Not gouging customers like the Ammo sellers were. LRPs $50.00 / 1000. Dies running the norm also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom