• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The Feds think they can just step all over the local authorities? The Governor said it should be released as soon as possible, but that is a very different turn of phrase from "likely leave decisions....to local authorities."

1. That ticked me off.
    2. Is it legally possible Biden could force body camera footage to be released?

Bidet is showing himself for what he is....a tyrannical *******.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    She wants to run for president, so she's looking for some climate change street crew. Pipeline has never leaked, but her problem with it is it might someday or something. The pipeline company offered to encase it in concrete, which would pretty much guarantee no leaks. Alas, an actual answer to the problem is the last thing she wants. She wants to discuss her feelings about it

Metal in concrete is usually a bad idea.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's telling that you seem to think loyalty to a person who is loyal to America is somehow a bad thing
    If it becomes such that it's hard to tell the difference between loyalty and worship maybe it's not so good. There's a type of loyalty, like the loyalty between good friends, that is usually healthy. A person in power? No. **** that. Fierce loyalty to a leader is an attribute in common with cults.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well. Personal bull**** aside.

During demonstrations Thursday night, protesters questioned why deputies opened fire in a residential area down the street from an elementary school. Brown's car came to rest in front of a house near yellow road signs marking the approach to the school.

"That means they fired a shot in a school zone," Quentin Jackson, regional director for the National Black Caucus of Local Elected Officials, said while addressing a group of fellow demonstrators.

Thursday night. School zone. :dunno:

I'm not gonna say much about whether Brown needed to be shot. But, is the boundaries of a school zone really indicative of a magical district in which everyone suspends violent actions within for all reasons? Like as soon as you utter the words "school zone" that's supposed to end the discussion. Really?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I generally agree. But I will say that NIPSCO and other nat gas providers across the country do concrete around their underwater pipes. I helped with it once many years ago on a temp job. They had a diver who went around and checked all the pipes that went under rivers/streams/etc and any that had exposed sections they would have a crew come out. They brought in a concrete truck full of dry concrete and burlap sacks. They would have the temps fill the bags about 1/3 or so of the way and tie them off. Then they would be thrown in the water and the diver would pack them around the pipe.

I'm not gonna say much about whether Brown needed to be shot. But, is the boundaries of a school zone really indicative of a magical district in which everyone suspends violent actions within for all reasons? Like as soon as you utter the words "school zone" that's supposed to end the discussion. Really?
    They released about a minute of body cam footage.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I generally agree. But I will say that NIPSCO and other nat gas providers across the country do concrete around their underwater pipes. I helped with it once many years ago on a temp job. They had a diver who went around and checked all the pipes that went under rivers/streams/etc and any that had exposed sections they would have a crew come out. They brought in a concrete truck full of dry concrete and burlap sacks. They would have the temps fill the bags about 1/3 or so of the way and tie them off. Then they would be thrown in the water and the diver would pack them around the pipe.

They released about a minute of body cam footage.
    I know. I saw the video. As I said, I'm not opining on whether it was justified or not. Even with the video I don't have enough information yet. My instinct is that it was justified. But there is a decent argument that it wasn't.

I'm just talking about the use of social cues to shut down discussion. Oh. It's a school zone. Like that's automatically a sacred place, in which even the most violent, dangerous suspects can't be stopped. When that may be a very good reason TO stop them.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I know. I saw the video. As I said, I'm not opining on whether it was justified or not. Even with the video I don't have enough information yet. My instinct is that it was justified. But there is a decent argument that it wasn't.

I'm just talking about the use of social cues to shut down discussion. Oh. It's a school zone. Like that's automatically a sacred place, in which even the most violent, dangerous suspects can't be stopped. When that may be a very good reason TO stop them.
    Ah okay. I'm not opining on it either. And for the same reason.

And I agree with your second paragraph completely.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Understand Governor Whitmer, a member of the Democrat party's governing structure and therefore a committed communist (AKA Democrat), is simply playing from the democrat party platform. Refer to pages 54 and 79 of the communist party of America's (AKA Democrat Party platform) manifesto.

Really, if American citizens cannot recognize the assault upon the economic foundations of our nation, our ideals, our principles, and most importantly our rights by those aligning themselves with the Democrat Party then we are truly lost.

ETA: much of the "climate change" activities of the Communists are in reality economic terrorism / warfare. Any benefits to the environment are quite frankly secondary to their goal to disrupt existing industries and promote ones that they can control.

Remember follow the money, look for the power grab!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The chemistry of concrete meant to set underwater is different, as are the coatings on metal meant to survive the same environment. From limited reading on that particular line, it is already buried in the floor of the straits and the concrete casement was meant to insure against mechanical disruption, ie: shipping related issues like direct impact or ancillary systems like anchors or dredges. Worries about such accidents were the claimed reason for wanting it shut down, so of course any attempt to address the claimed issues was never going to be enough in this situation. I think the pipeline has been there decades without a single incident. Personally, I'd be more worried about a shipping disaster than a pipeline disaster but maritime safety wouldn't play to the right audience. She's been at the forefront of government overreach and personal irresponsibility as Michigan's governor, so of course she thinks she would make a good president - and if we can't fraud-proof our elections we could have a Red Queen like this actually make it to Pennsylvania Ave

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If it becomes such that it's hard to tell the difference between loyalty and worship maybe it's not so good. There's a type of loyalty, like the loyalty between good friends, that is usually healthy. A person in power? No. **** that. Fierce loyalty to a leader is an attribute in common with cults.
    It is also an attribute in common with some of the best leaders America has ever produced.

You are very attached to the idea that only persons like yourself can tell where that loyalty should stop, which is nothing but hubris. In being the boy who cries wolf on loyalty to leader you have argued against Trump, who was arguably - from a standpoint of issues affecting our daily lives - one of the best presidents in the last 50 years.

In parallel with that, you have argued for the acceptance of fraudulent Joe. I know not if it is your intent to encourage weak and corrupt leadership in the White House, but it certainly seems like the result

But please do make the argument that intense loyalty to a leader always leads to disaster. You can start with Washington or Lincoln or Eisenhower or Marshall or Churchill or Thatcher

Loyalty beyond expedience is necessary for a leader to lead, and loyalty to anyone or anything beyond personal gain seems sadly lacking in politics today. If you acknowledge that loyalty to a leader doesn't always lead to bad things, then do enlighten us how you propose to tell the difference. Otherwise, it is starting to seem that you are just another who personally dislikes Trump and allows that to colour his judgement

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well. Personal bull**** aside.

I'm not sure you have any idea how bad what passes for reasoned thought today really is

Womble claims that Brown “turned his car into a weapon,” though the brief body camera footage Womble bothered to release doesn’t show that to my eyes. What I saw was Brown attempting to drive away from the officers when they opened fire, killing him.

Since I am not infected with whatever disease makes white prosecutors like Womble act like this, it falls to me to point out that an unarmed Black man in a stationary vehicle is not a deadly threat. Nor is an unarmed Black man in a moving vehicle necessarily a deadly threat. Trying to escape arrest is illegal, but it’s not a capital crime.

Another case of police lacking mind reading skills, they should have been able to divine his intent

But wait! I believe I was told after Charlottesville that a car was a deadly weapon and the idea the driver might just be trying to escape was not worthy of examination. Was that because it had the wrong sort of driver? What could be the the difference, other than the felony drug warrant being served? Hmmm

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    ETA: much of the "climate change" activities of the Communists are in reality economic terrorism / warfare. Any benefits to the environment are quite frankly secondary to their goal to disrupt existing industries and promote ones that they can control.
    Especially since China accounts for more than 50% of worldwide CO2 emissions, and other 'developing' nations for 1/3 more, and the Church of Climate Change imposes no restrictions on them whatsoever. I believe, under the Paris Accords, China doesn't even have to begin to slow the rate of increase of its emissions until 2035, and even after that they can still increase just at a slower rate

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

The Feds think they can just step all over the local authorities? The Governor said it should be released as soon as possible, but that is a very different turn of phrase from "likely leave decisions....to local authorities."

1. That ticked me off.
    2. Is it legally possible Biden could force body camera footage to be released?

I still marvel at the hypocrisy of CCP Bidet decrying trump as a dictator... and then sitting down to sign a stack of EOs on day one.

Apparently there were enough fools to buy his ********.

CCP Bidet can go straight to ****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    only persons like yourself can tell where that loyalty should stop, which is nothing but hubris.
    Once again, I think you don't understand the sentiment. I'm not loyal to political leaders at all. I'm skeptical of them all because they have political power. Everyone should be, IMHO. I can be very loyal to an idea. I can be very loyal to my country. That doesn't mean I owe any loyalty to someone I've voted for.

In parallel with that, you have argued for the acceptance of fraudulent Joe

No. I've said that the reality is, he is the POTUS. The only acceptance I've argued for is reality. 0biden is the POTUS. Let's work to change that.

But please do make the argument that intense loyalty to a leader always leads to disaster.
    Why is it so easy for you to be wrong about so much? I have not dealt in such absolutes, other than to say that I don't owe loyalty to *any* person. I haven't said that intense loyalty to a leader always leads to disaster. I did say it's very cult-like.

Loyalty beyond expedience is necessary for a leader to lead, and loyalty to anyone or anything beyond personal gain seems sadly lacking in politics today. If you acknowledge that loyalty to a leader doesn't always lead to bad things, then do enlighten us how you propose to tell the difference. Otherwise, it is starting to seem that you are just another who personally dislikes Trump and allows that to colour his judgement

I think a leader is more effective if his or her subordinates are loyal, but in a democracy, the loyalty should not be to the leader as much to the country and/or state, and/or whatever level of government. So if I'm a subordinate of the POTUS, say someone in the inner circle, I would think my duty is to the United States first. So if the POTUS is doing **** that clearly harms the US, my priority is not to the person in the office. It's to the nation that he/she is ****ing. It's not that I'm advocating that there's some line to draw where there's too much or too little loyalty to a given elected leader. My advocacy is that we don't owe any leader any personal loyalty.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Caution: This may be a source that the jamil does not approve of. I am left to guess because he does not list the sources he believes nor does he cite the sources that inform his well thought out, righteous, even-handed opinions

The attempt of America’s ruling class to convict 455 persons of “armed insurrection”—i.e. of waging war against the United States, a species of treason—for protesting insufficient scrutiny of the 2020 election on January 6 in the Capitol, while at the same time it excuses and even cheers the burning and looting of courthouses, police stations, and downtowns all over America, is not the exercise of a “double standard.”

The people in and out of government who do this are not corrupt. Instead, acting as part of the regime—the oligarchy—they are replacing the American republic and waging war to crush its remains.

The sooner Americans realize that we are being governed by people at war with our Constitution and contemptuous of ourselves, the sooner those people may be treated as the enemies they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Caution: This may be a source that the jamil does not approve of. I am left to guess because he does not list the sources he believes nor does he cite the sources that inform his well thought out, righteous, even-handed opinions

It's an opinion piece. It's not news. They can say whatever they want.

Top Bottom