How to send pictures without publishing to the web?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I searched and could not find this question answered somewhere else, so I hope its not a duplicate. I was trying to send pictures to another member, but could not find a way to attach the file like is possible on most email accounts. I was unable to do it either through site email or via PM. The only thing I could find was "insert image" which requested a URL. Is there a way to get this done without publishing to photobucket or similar?

Thanks,
    Josh

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    if two persons use a messenger, like Yahoo messenger, you will be able to transfer an image directly to the other persons' computer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks Jay,

I was wondering if there was a forum based tool that allowed it, like PM or something. If someone knows an other easy ways to get around this problem let me know. I solved it today by just requesting the guy's email address, but that wouldn't help me post anything into a thread or a future PM.

Thanks,
    Josh

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    For posts... (I'd have to try a PM to see if the option is there)... but for posts, if you go into advanced mode, there is a paper clip for "Attachments", which will let you browse your computer files and upload the file to the forum site. It still "publishes to the web" (via the forum), and it uses the forum's available bandwidth and data storage usage, but it IS possible to upload images directly to the forum without having them on a separate website like photobucket first. I strongly encourage to use this feature sparingly, to save on bandwidth and data costs for the INGO site. And if you do use it, please keep your file sizes to a minimum.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I don't see the paper clip attachment thingy for PMs. Just the image insert icon.

Example of using the attachment:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know you said you wanted to do it without using the web, but if you want something "quick and dirty", TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting lets you upload photos anonymously and quickly, so you don't have to create an account and maintain a storage area. I use it for one-off pictures that I post to INGO. You could do the same, and just include a link in the PM.

Top Bottom