• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Any suggestions on the best way to mail off my Form 4's? I pushed me way through the snow today and turned in my form 4's to get the CLEO's signature and get fingerprints done. I gave them a SASE to mail the Form 4's back to me when they get signed. I'd like to get some kind of tracking or delivery confirmation so I know when it arrives, but if it'll mess stuff up if it has to have a signature, please let me know.

I'm very close to getting excited about this whole deal!

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Doug K

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Doug,

When I mailed out my form 4 I used USPS overnight service. I think I paid $16 to do that but I could track it on the computer that way. I did not require a signature just confirmation of delivery from the post office.

I mainly wanted to cut down the time the forms were somewhere in transfer from me to BATF.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I just put in a big manilla envelope, money spent on "special" postage will not speed up the process.

Send it, and forget it! Thats my advice.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    What the special postage gives you is the security that your forms were delivered and not lost in the mail system somewhere. I agree that it does not speed of the process but it does prevent a mysterious loss in the postal system without you being aware that the paperwork was never delivered.

I my opinion when you are working with something that has a waiting time of about three months, do you really want to find out two months later that they did not receive your paperwork and start tracking it down then?

If you have the money to buy the $200 stamp, what is another twenty bucks to know when to start your timer ticking? The first person that sees your paperwork also knows that you will be notified that they received your papers.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    You can add Delivery Confirmation to first class mail for .50 cents. Same thing they use on priority mail.

Top Bottom