How to light a fire under Republic Services?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They have developed a pattern of not collecting our neighborhood's trash on the scheduled day. This is further compounded by the fact that our scheduled day is Friday. This means that it will be Monday before they can be notified and Tuesday before they collect it. I've typically called them between 4 - 5 and let them go through their script apologizing and telling me they'll get it taken care of but this grows tiresome.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Light their trash trucks on fire?

Wait, That wont help. Nevermind.

Maybe when they dont pick up, deliver the contents of your wheely bin to their office? Or the CEO's front lawn? With a note that says "since you couldnt get to me (again), I figured I would deliver it to you to make it easier. Thanks!" Repeat until they stop showing.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    They have developed a pattern of not collecting our neighborhood's trash on the scheduled day. This is further compounded by the fact that our scheduled day is Friday. This means that it will be Monday before they can be notified and Tuesday before they collect it. I've typically called them between 4 - 5 and let them go through their script apologizing and telling me they'll get it taken care of but this grows tiresome.
    They're contracted by DPW in Indy, so call the Mayor's Action Center. I've never had an issue with them.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I guess you're lucky they are coming and picking it up after you call and complain.

They told us for 3 weeks straight that they would just get it on the next scheduled pickup day. Our day was Friday also, and they never showed up.

Finally had to switch to a different company. The Republic can is still here, they have no interest in actually picking it up I guess. Thinking about sending them a bill for storing their container for the last month.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Republic hasn't been great for a while. We have Ray's and Republic here in my neighborhood, Ray's shows up. Republic? Well they didn't today.

Ray's was the only choice when we moved here in 2008. Stayed with them. "Ray" doesn't own it anymore, he used to give them two holidays a year (Thanksgiving and Christmas.) Ray ran a tight ship.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    In my experience there is no lighting a fire under Republic Services. Like most insurance, cable, satellite or most anything else today where you pay monthly fee for a service, your money coming in on time is non negotiable. The delivery of the services is at their convenience and in no way should affect you paying what they expect you to pay on time every month.

Republic Services sucks. Their customer service sucks.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    When we call Republic they tell us they have a "staffing shortage" and will pick up on the next scheduled pick up day (one week later) which seems to not always happen. Lots of weeks we fill both of our two tall brown bins. Storing garbage two plus weeks is getting old.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We had an ongoing issue with them dragging our can down the road. One day he decided to do it while I was off work and was able to record him dropping our can half way to our neighbors house.

I uploaded the video to their fb page and had their attention asap.

The next week we either got a new driver or someone spoke to him as our cans were emptied and placed back nearly where we sat them.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    They’ve had a habit of dropping the whole can in their truck. Then when I call and complain, they act like its my fault. Now they’ve raised their price to $200 for 3 months!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When we call Republic they tell us they have a "staffing shortage" and will pick up on the next scheduled pick up day (one week later) which seems to not always happen. Lots of weeks we fill both of our two tall brown bins. Storing garbage two plus weeks is getting old.
    Well, if you are contracted for a weekly pickup, and they are not picking up every week, it sounds like compensation is in order. Why pay for 52 pickups a year when you may only get 42? Or 35? If I buy 52 hot wings and they only put 42 in the box "due to a shortage" I sure damn well am only paying for 42 wings.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Out here we have Rays, Republic and Smith all cross paths. Rays and Republic all have junk trucks running around at all hours.
    Smiths out of Thorntown has provided us with a dumpster for 10 or 15 years, and their time has not varied by more than an hour for 52 weeks out of the year for that whole time. Every Tuesday, late morning like they are running the train station.
    Dirt cheap, and they even have a guarantee printed on the side of their trucks, satisfaction guaranteed or double your trash back, I’ve never tried them on it.
    Bonus, the owner is the spittin image of Snuffy Smith.
    If you’re near Thorntown, North Lebanon, over towards Sheridan you need to give them a call. Have no idea how far west they go.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    They’ve had a habit of dropping the whole can in their truck. Then when I call and complain, they act like its my fault. Now they’ve raised their price to $200 for 3 months!
    $200! Call them and complain. They'll usually lower your cost if you do that. We had republic for a few years and would have to do that every year.
    Couple years ago they raised it and wouldn't deal so I switched to Waste Management. Still have to play the same game of calling every year, but so far they are dealing. $62 for 3 months.

Top Bottom