• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    But overall, in your opinion, should I take a month or two to keep an eye on deals or should I take the offer I have and start getting in some range time?
    If time isn't a factor I'd give it time.
    Keep your eyes open for rebates, sales etc.

If you need one right away then get one asap.

If you notice firearms and ammunition going way up in price, and disappearing off the shelves you might be to late to get what you want. Keep that in mind.
    There will eventually be a rush on people buying everything they can up.

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    should I take a month or two to keep an eye on deals or should I take the offer I have and start getting in some range time?
    Honestly, this is more of a you question. If you bought it now, and then see it come up for sale in a month for $50 less, would you be fine with it since you've had for longer, or would you be kicking yourself for paying extra?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You might complete the email for quote on both of these sites (they don't have their best price displayed). Some places due this due to not wanting to violate MAP pricing or because they will source if from a distributor with the best price at any given time.

Both are known to generally offer pretty good prices but it depends on item.

Familyfirearms does not charge sales tax at point of sale to Indiana.

user11230706

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2024
    Northern Indiana
    You might complete the email for quote on both of these sites (they don't have their best price displayed). Some places due this due to not wanting to violate MAP pricing or because they will source if from a distributor with the best price at any given time.

Both are known to generally offer pretty good prices but it depends on item.

Familyfirearms does not charge sales tax at point of sale to Indiana.
    Thanks for the links. I just submitted my email and will wait for a quote. I'll have to see what shipping is as well to see if they come out cheaper after shipping and transfer.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    You're overthinking this purchase.

Get to your LGS no later than this weekend and buy the pistol. In the meantime, order a case of ammo from AE Ammo ( https://www.aeammo.com/ ), and start looking for extra magazines.

I'd also be looking for a Maglula UpLULA. Very likely you'll find one at your LGS when you pick up your pistol.

If you plan to carry this pistol, you'll also need to find a pistol (and magazine) holster, and quality gun belt. Many, many options available, but some have some extremely long lead times.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a good point. Once you get the pistol and decide this is the one for you, you will want to start shopping mags. I personally like to have quite a few mags for any gun I have, especially those that will find their way into being an EDC.

Holsters is a whole other discussion and finding the right one depends on your needs, mode of carry, body type, etc. Good belt is also a necessity.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Thanks for the suggestion. I see one place is selling it for $548, though after the transfer fee I'd probably only save around $15. Might still be better off going to my local dealer.
    "Might still be better off going to my local dealer."

^^^^^^^^
    Yes invest in your local dealer so that they will be there for you down the road..Bill.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    It takes a while, but establish a good relationship with your local gun store. After a few purchases and patronage, I'd be willing to bet you could get a bit of a cash discount after they get to know you. As long as you aren't a jerk that is :)

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Your local dealer can be your best friend in times of shortages. Mine held hard to find ammo in the back for his regulars during the last shortage when every Tom dick n harry from the cities was coming out of the woodwork.

Election years are times to buy because the gun you want may still be available. After the election they may not be allowed to be sold. Hi-cap mags, evil black rifles, those may be off limits if the dems get another chance. Get ‘em while you can.

We now own a half dozen guns that we’ve never shot due to the possibility of billery becoming president. But we’ve got ‘em. They certainly haven’t eaten anything. And they are worth more now than when we got ‘em. YMMV.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I wouldn’t bother with ordering online for a $20 difference. I will for a $50+ difference, if it’s at least that much cheaper with all fees figured in.
    It would take a pretty big discount, or my lgs just not having stuff, for me to ask what it would cost so special order and then go online.
    I have done FFL transfers for auctions I won online, but I would be embarrassed to ask for special order price and then do an FFL transfer the next week. Whatever money you save you'll lose in goodwill.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Thanks for the links. I just submitted my email and will wait for a quote. I'll have to see what shipping is as well to see if they come out cheaper after shipping and transfer.
    Remember there are shipping fees $20 and $25 avg transfer fee. So add $45 to any online purchase and then compare it to your lgs.
    Also as has been said support your local gun shop not big box store but an actual family owned type gun shop.

If it's within $25 support the lgs.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    It would take a pretty big discount, or my lgs just not having stuff, for me to ask what it would cost so special order and then go online.
    I have done FFL transfers for auctions I won online, but I would be embarrassed to ask for special order price and then do an FFL transfer the next week. Whatever money you save you'll lose in goodwill.
    Goodwill is where you buy marked-up rummage sale stuff. My shop doesn’t care if I order something online if they can’t get it for a reasonably close price. They still make money on the transfer fee. I’ve done a lot of business with them over the years, and I’m quite sure they are always making money.

Top Bottom