• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Here's a History Detective program about tracing a shotgun that may have been used in the St. Valentine's Day massacre in Chicago in 1929.

St Valentine's Day Massacre | History Detectives | PBS

They could not confirm it specifically but came pretty close.

Question: IF they could specifically state with authority that this gun was actually used in the event, what do you think the value of the gun would be at auction?

Last edited:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Thanks for the posting...........hmmm.......wonder how much the new barrel detracts from the value? Wonder what happened to the old barrel. :dunno: I think the interesting part was the acquiring of the gun from then until now.....that almost makes a better story. Thanks again for posting. :yesway:

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Thanks for the posting...........hmmm.......wonder how much the new barrel detracts from the value? Wonder what happened to the old barrel. :dunno: I think the interesting part was the acquiring of the gun from then until now.....that almost makes a better story. Thanks again for posting. :yesway:
    Assuming that the owner has the original barrel is there anyway to get a firearm retroactively declared an NFA and make it legal?

How about if a museum owned it?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Assuming that the owner has the original barrel is there anyway to get a firearm retroactively declared an NFA and make it legal?

How about if a museum owned it?

No, unfortunately there's not, for civilians.... except that a PD or museum could register the gun on a Form 10. It can then never be transferred to anyone but another governmental organization.

I have heard of ATF approving Form 10's for museums.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I've got Daniel Boone's original tomahawk....its had 4 new handles, and 2 new blades, but it was his.....................

Top Bottom