• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    From time to time I notice the same item for sale that has been bumped several times but still not selling. It seems the prudent seller would remove the item or do something to make it more appealing to potential buyers.

After more than one page worth of bumps with no change to the price, the item or acceptable trades I get pretty frustrated looking at the insanity. Couple that with the folks who seem to do what I’m describing the most aren’t even supporters of the site.

Personally, I would understand “they ain’t buying what I’m selling” and just let the ad expire. Certainly I would give up after I filled the first page of bumps. I’m just wondering if anyone else see this the same way as I do?

Flame on

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess because maybe when I place the ad, nobody at the time is looking for what I'm selling, and if I bump it long enough, maybe somebody will come along that DOES want it.

I couldnt care less myself.

But I have seen quite a few ads that I can tell you why its not selling. Because the seller is asking too much. In some cases, a used item for only 10% below new. Uhhhh... No thanks. Not counting firearms because to some those are worth more used in a private sale then new.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I don't see throwing "not a supporter" in the mix has anything to do with it.
    Some things sell fast, other stuff slow. How do you suppose someone makes their item more appealing to sale?.....put a back drop of naked ladies and muscle cars. It's obvious how long an item has been posted by the number of replies. If you the OP is looking at the item listed for 3 weeks every day, well then stop looking. Just my 3 cents.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Is there a way to hide the classifieds from the new posts? I don't want to see your "bumps" or buy your overpriced sh*t.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    If it's something I like - I will checkout the ad - after a half dozen Bumps I remember it and why I didn't make a offer and just skip over - but wish including the Selling Price in the Subject was required to see if they changed anything

One of my Pet Peeves are people who post 10 + items For Sale - then Bump them ALL at the same time Every Day - but it is easy to just Skip to the next Page on those

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    It doesn't bother me, but to each their own.

I sometimes see something I want and have to wait for the funds to catch up to my wants, if the adds deleted I may miss out by the time the funds are available, Also I don't check the add section every time I am on so if an adds not bumped I may miss it. JM2C.

Top Bottom