How long does it take "Joe Shooter," on average, to go from curious to 1st match

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    It certainly makes things easier, huh? ;) I'm not afraid of looking bad. If I was I sure wouldn't have started out competing on this injured knee. What moron does that? This moron, apparently. :laugh:

I've shot some matches with a cane in one hand and my gun in the other. I went even slower then than I do now! It's easier when it's the right knee that is bad at the time so I can have the cane in my left hand, but it's doable to shoot lefty too!

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've shot some matches with a cane in one hand and my gun in the other. I went even slower then than I do now! It's easier when it's the right knee that is bad at the time so I can have the cane in my left hand, but it's doable to shoot lefty too!

Whoa....mag changes with a cane??? Hard core. I'd end up with mags and cane and myself in a heap on the ground! My cane still comes with for the match for now, but that's because my range bag exceeds my lifting restriction. Ammo is heavy. And I've definitely found some hard left leans where I decided it was easier and safer if I just shoot lefty. It's good practice for those weak hand classifiers, anyway. If'n I remember to switch hands. :rolleyes:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Whoa....mag changes with a cane??? Hard core. I'd end up with mags and cane and myself in a heap on the ground! My cane still comes with for the match for now, but that's because my range bag exceeds my lifting restriction. Ammo is heavy. And I've definitely found some hard left leans where I decided it was easier and safer if I just shoot lefty. It's good practice for those weak hand classifiers, anyway. If'n I remember to switch hands. :rolleyes:

I definitely switch to lefty if I have to lean too far to the left.

Mag changes are okay as long as you accept that you can't do them easily while moving. I did all my mag changes with the cane hooked over my arm or in my waistband.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I definitely switch to lefty if I have to lean too far to the left.

Mag changes are okay as long as you accept that you can't do them easily while moving. I did all my mag changes with the cane hooked over my arm or in my waistband.

I liked the WHO bandanna over the face 32 round field course you shot at Riley......on a dare
    Those were the days

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Whoa, AB's back on INGO! Good to see you - that Rifleman patch you gave me is on my motorcycle jacket. :rockwoot:

Good luck with competing!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom