How do you know when your wife is no longer freaked out by guns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Every month we have a new thread on "How do I get my wife comfortable with guns?" or "How do I get a gun in the house without divorce papers?" and so on.

I have posted my personal experiences several times on me & my wife's "journey" on this detailing our going from Mrs.IHateAllGuns to finally being willing to have them around and even getting a Pink paper.

But still the question remains, "How do you know when your wife is no longer freaked out by guns?"

I can tell you how....

Wait for it...

Just a moment now...

Here we go.....

When she uses your favorite Bushmaster Home Defense AR as a shelf for storing next year's holiday presents :n00b: :

m4shelf.jpg

All I can say is, unintended consequences!

(Yes the M4 has been liberated)

P.S. I am glad it has come this far - that which was the incarnation of scary death is now just like everything else in the house (a potential shelf). She has come a long way!

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I seem to remember a law about storing things on top of a gun being a feloney..... better have me come by and remove the gun.... just to keep you out of trouble.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    I knew she wasn't freaked out at all when she began to give me money for lunch, and suggested folks I could ask to go to the gun shows, or the range. :yesway:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Never was

My wife was never freaked out about guns but I knew things were definitely looking up when I came home from my first prairie dog trip and she asked "when can I go?"! I returned to South Dakota with her and her 2 new varmint guns about a month later. I have to be careful now. Some of my guns have shown a tendency to become hers.

Happiness is having an activity you can share with your spouse. Even if it's killing small critters at extreme distances and she's better at it than you are. :D

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Wait one second...

You mean you're NOT supposed to do that? I mean.. look at all that wasted space! What in the world were you thinking, putting your rifle up there flat, if you didn't want stuff stored on top of it??? :n00b:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My wife was never freaked out about guns but I knew things were definitely looking up when I came home from my first prairie dog trip and she asked "when can I go?"! I returned to South Dakota with her and her 2 new varmint guns about a month later. I have to be careful now. Some of my guns have shown a tendency to become hers.

Happiness is having an activity you can share with your spouse. Even if it's killing small critters at extreme distances and she's better at it than you are. :D
    Congrats and thank you. I was trying to figure a tactful way of suggesting that "gun friendly" should be included in one's criteria for choosing a spouse.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Wait until she starts using your sniper rifle to move the funiture because the barrel is longer. It gives her more leverage.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Better plan! The problem is that I cannot stand the CAR up (ceiling too low). And perhaps she just did not really see it there (black = low visibility). So the only solution was to order a short upper for the pistol lower and make sure it is visible:

yellow.jpg

Of course the yellow stock is going on the Bushmaster for now since we have visibility issues an the SBR paperwork on the pistol lower is sitting on my desk.

Maybe this will help!

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    You know she's not freaked out by the gun...

When she takes a Glock armorer's course without you knowing it, then fesses up later!

(That's what I did, anyway)

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I knew my girlfriend wasn't scared of guns anymore when she was excited to see the Mosin I picked up from trophyhunter.

She used to be terrified of the thought of a gun being in the same house as her.

Top Bottom