How do I invest my money for it to survive financial collapse?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    You don't need to read those sites to understand that money is fleeting. It will be gone when you die, and can be taken from you in an instant here in this life. I wouldn't put my trust in it.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    So was that a rhetorical question? :)
    This is a more complicated subject than perhaps originally intended. For example, in our country we did experience financial collapse of sorts with the great depression. Those that had tangible assets survived and some even thrived once the depression came to an end. So in the case of economic collapse without an accompanying apocolypse, precious metals etc would allow the investors to regain material wealth once a standard currency had been created.

In the case of "end of the world" scenarios, the ones in good shape will be those that converted their greenbacks and shiny coins into food, water, protection, a continual source for each, and perhaps alms from heaven.

No matter how you look at it, money is only worth what you can get with it. Our current currency no longer has any innate value. ie no gold bar back at Fort knox backs up the fiver in my pocket. BUT people still accept it as payment for goods and services, therefore it has relative value. Because it is a convenient way to trade, currency as a system will probably not go away even with economic collapse. The question is, which currency will be recognized, and for how long?

Top Bottom