How did the Classifieds influence your joining INGO?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Why did you Join ingo

• Total voters

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    LOVE INGO!! Classifieds haven't been so good for me. LOTS of rules that I didn't follow per the guidelines and have been banned from posting for sometime now. Yea I miss being able to post items for sale but I broke their rules!! I have asked for forgiveness on numerous occasions to no avail. Maybe one day they'll grant me a pardon and let me back in. PLEASE!!! LOL

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nice to see such a great response. Good to know that some either had or developed a thick skin.

I hope this thread will help some of the new people who feel picked on to see what INGO is really about.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Nice to see such a great response. Good to know that some either had or developed a thick skin.

I hope this thread will help some of the new people who feel picked on to see what INGO is really about.
    I was 12 when my family first got internet access in 1997, so I grew up with the internet. The "picking on" thing is not unique to INGO. The people who are bothered by the occasional razzing likely don't have much experience on the webz.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Was looking to find out what was better. Glock or M&P; 9mm or 45 acp; 1911 or plastic....not really....but I did end up catching the CZ bug on here. Use protection, newbies. This place is heavily infected by CZ.

Found INGO by Classified search stayed for the information (misinformation, correct information, incoherent information, et al).

edicius

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2017
    Evansville
    I found this place because of the classifieds. Not for selling though, I want more! A lot of good info on the forums though so I plan to stick around.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    I joined (eventually) on the advice of a few nice fellas I met at the indoor range. Classifieds had absolutely nothing to do with joining. I always check them out though, I like guns... reading about them, shooting them, cleaning them, training and getting more proficient with them, and just LOOKING at them. I'm not an expert on what all guns are just by name alone. So I click on adds to put a face to the name so to speak. I get the protective nature towards the classifieds and all should respect the rules. I don't always get the lambasting of members that are seen to be looking at guns on a gun forum. Some of them may just be looking at pics because they like looking at pics of guns. As usual just my opinion.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I found about and INGO from a buddy at work who I had been talking to about selling off some of my collection. I joined up and have been here ever since.

Just a few more qualified posts and I should finally be able to get to post in the classifieds. :):

Indian

NRA LIFE
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I found INGO a few years back and liked the forum so much, I decided to support the forum by becoming a site support. I never been much on posting, but spend a good deal of time reading what others have posted.

As you can see by my post count, I am in no hurry to get to the magical 50. I however would like to take the time to say my knowledge of firearms has improved greatly from what has been posted on the forum and to thank all those who do post.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The classifieds seem to be more useful for those around Indy. As you get further away there are fewer buyers and sellers in close proximity.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    In my case I need the "I was looking for cheap hookers in my area and Google wrongly redirected me to INGO".

The mix-up might be due to the presence of so many post whores, and Mbills, on the forum.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Actually, I just lurked until I saw the classifieds. I was like, "BINGO!" I originally came for info, because, unlike what some here would say i think, I don't know everything. INGO was, and is, an awesome source of info.
    I learned who the most active members were, and enjoy the friendly repartee that goes on, and dearly love it when a thread goes Sticky Denny Wallet epic.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I found INGO when googling LTCH wait times. I found that I started learning a lot by cruising through different threads, and being relatively new to firearms I enjoy learning random things about them. I honestly had no interest in the classifieds when I first joined.
    Same here. An abundance of good info on this site.

Top Bottom