• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    I'm no lawyer, but I feel that, once the Supreme Court issues a ruling that protects the 2nd Amendment and states that "Shall Issue" is the new requirement, this sort of thing shouldn't even make it out of the gate. For the lawyers here, how can they even think they'll win this one?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    if there are specific requirements that apply to all and one is issued the permit when they meet them it is shall issue..
    the future question will be how many requirements are too many..?
    is the training class fair?
    what exactly are the looking for in the personal information check?

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    if there are specific requirements that apply to all and one is issued the permit when they meet them it is shall issue..
    the future question will be how many requirements are too many..?
    is the training class fair?
    what exactly are the looking for in the personal information check?
    What threw me the most was the next paragraph....the state fully admitting that they would be using the fingerprints and photographs to create a "registry".

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I'm no lawyer, but I feel that, once the Supreme Court issues a ruling that protects the 2nd Amendment and states that "Shall Issue" is the new requirement, this sort of thing shouldn't even make it out of the gate. For the lawyers here, how can they even think they'll win this one?

They really do not care, it won’t cost any money out of their pockets when it gets overturned. It will come out of taxpayers funds. What might stop this would be judges in the lower courts slapping an injunction on these morons so their new laws cannot be enforced. Jim.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I find the latest Cali move far more concerning than this thread.

matbmorr

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2021
    Charlestown
    I find the latest Cali move far more concerning than this thread.

I agree, but I've all but given up on the state behind the Granola Curtain.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Per the Oregon law, one thing I've never understood: how are these various restrictions (high cap mags and 'assault' weapons bans), when they grandfather-in existing owners, not found unconstitutional on their face, as they divide Americans into classes, as to who can and cannot own a particular physical item, even though both parties are in the same jurisdictional area.

I'm not saying it well, but for instance, If they ban pistol braces, but grandfather in existing owners, they're saying that it's OK for existing-owner Joe to possess it, but not for Betty to have one, even though they may be neighbors.

I understand that grandfathering-in for pistol braces is not their current scheme, just using it as an example.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Why would SCOTUS need to rule on something that is explicitly forbidden under federal statute?

Per my comment above, I don't understand how under federal statute, it can be OK for one American to own something, and their next door neighbor to be forbidden to own that exact same thing. Seems like one is being discriminated against directly.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Per my comment above, I don't understand how under federal statute, it can be OK for one American to own something, and their next door neighbor to be forbidden to own that exact same thing. Seems like one is being discriminated against directly.

Yes. "Carve-outs" for LEO ownership are unconstitutional. LEOSA is unconstitutional. Both violate the equal protection clause.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    No document (constitution), no legal ruling is sufficient to keep liberty for a bunch of people intent on giving it away.
    We are our own worst enemy...

It amazes me how basically EVERY "gun-totin, 2A supportin, big government-hatin patriot" ****ing prides themselves on volunteering to help that government spread it's tyranny around the world, but won't do a ****ing thing to defend the liberty of this country and protect the constitution they took an oath to defend, while voting for the lessor of two evils at every chance...

WE are responsible for this.
    The founders told us it was OUR DUTY to prevent or stop this.
    But we keep waiting for someone to save us.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    We are our own worst enemy...

It amazes me how basically EVERY "gun-totin, 2A supportin, big government-hatin patriot" ****ing prides themselves on volunteering to help that government spread it's tyranny around the world, but won't do a ****ing thing to defend the liberty of this country and protect the constitution they took an oath to defend, while voting for the lessor of two evils at every chance...

WE are responsible for this.
    The founders told us it was OUR DUTY to prevent or stop this.
    But we keep waiting for someone to save us.
    Most people did not take an oath to defend the Constitution, or even know what is in it. In the last presidential election, many voted for Trump as the lesser of 2 evils; others voted for Biden as the lesser of 2 evils.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    That's nothing new. Look at IL's FOID.
    Thats nothing, Maryland has had background checks on handgun and regulated long guns that started in 1969 through ffls. I think it went to private transfers of handguns and regulated long guns have to be transfered at a ffl or state police barracks starting in 96?
    All of the paper work goes into a State Police database. They also have a handgun qualification card.

Top Bottom