• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If you're growing it on your property, I doubt they will need to kick in your door as the evidence they need will be available without a warrant

If you are dealing weed before it is made legal, then yes you are breaking the law and likely sold to an undercover officer or informant anyway - in which case they would likely just serve a warrant, not kick in your door

Not much different from selling moonshine
    Understood. Babies come from the stork.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    For many crimes an officer has to witness the illegal behavior in order to prosecute. A felon displaying a gun on face tube might get his parole revoked but otherwise no one will charge him with possessing a firearm under disability unless they catch him with it on his person
    That one is a negative.

For reasons I hope won't need to be explained in detail to preserve the ability to catch idiots being idiots, charges have been filed and convictions have been obtained based on nothing but video evidence of possession.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I stand corrected. I thought such prosecutions would be hamstrung with the need to prove it was a real gun or some such

Those were new convictions based solely on video evidence and not revocations of parole?

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I've finally caught up with this thread, and no surprise, my opinion about the legalization or decriminalization of smoking pot has not changed.

In fact, I still have the identical feelings about it as I do about gay marriage: it's not for me, but if it trips your trigger, go for it. Just leave me out of it.

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    There's a show on Discovery (I think), called "Moonshiners" that shows these guys making illegal moonshine out in the woods. I've always wondered how they can get away with filming someone doing that yet no charges are ever filed. :scratch:
    I met a dude who was on the first season of that show at the Sturgis rally. Nice guy, other than pulling a KelTec on me the first night when I accidentally woke him up trying to find my bunk.
    And I asked him about that one night drinking by the fire, all he said was that he wasnt too sure himself and figured they have **** good lawyers.

Last edited:

Random_71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Fort Wayne
    As far as the Jazz Cabbage, no reason it should be illegal. Completely mallum prohibitum. No real harm is brought upon another person directly by someone smoking the herb itself, thus it is rather difficult to be mallum in se.

It has been with us forever, we have an endocannabinoid system in our bodies that sort of thing doesnt happen overnight. By all reports the seeds are nutritious, lots of fatty and amino acids and what not.
    Also "Sativa" is Latin for Cultivated. Pot, Peas, Oats, Rice, Alfalfa and Crocuses are per the gender of their scientific name either a Sativa, Sativus or Sativum.

Further for those that may be against the Devil's Lettuce on religious grounds, remember it bears seed and that Genesis 1:29 begins "And God said behold..."

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Then campaign for a higher specificity test to be developed, or better yet don't risk your livelihood just to get high

If you had been pushing the development of a test sensitive to timing of use or of some metabolite more indicative of impairment for as long as legalization has been pushed, perhaps people who can envision what a cluster**** legalization first and tests developed later will be might be less against it

But make no mistake, such tests WILL be developed and used. Being allowed to possess MJ does not mean its use will be tolerated either behind the wheel or in many fields of endeavor
    They have had one, and have for many years. It's called a blood test. It can test for the active substances. Several states use it, some use it same as a certified breath test for alcohol over a certain amount equals impairment. Some use it as a piece towards proving impairment along observation.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's a show on Discovery (I think), called "Moonshiners" that shows these guys making illegal moonshine out in the woods. I've always wondered how they can get away with filming someone doing that yet no charges are ever filed. :scratch:

I've always figured that if you got behind the scenes of that show you would find that there is no untaxed alcohol present. Good staging and editing, but no illegal material.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That one is a negative.

For reasons I hope won't need to be explained in detail to preserve the ability to catch idiots being idiots, charges have been filed and convictions have been obtained based on nothing but video evidence of possession.

This was something I was curious about as I wondered if a game camera picking up a tresspasser that I know was on parole could have it revoked for the photographed trespassing charge.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've always figured that if you got behind the scenes of that show you would find that there is no untaxed alcohol present. Good staging and editing, but no illegal material.
    Or its legit, but they agree (behind the scenes) to not actually keep or sell anything produced for the show. They most likely have an agreement with the authorities that allows the still to operate more or less as a reenactment. Kinda like a moonshine Conner Prairie. Its only being done for entertainment.

And instead of making their money selling the finished product, they are being paid to make it by the network.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've always assumed it was all fake. Realistic re-enactments of how it's done but no actual distilling of alcohol occurs. I'm not sure BATFE would grant any kind of authority to distill without a license. Hell, maybe they got licensed?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've always assumed it was all fake. Realistic re-enactments of how it's done but no actual distilling of alcohol occurs. I'm not sure BATFE would grant any kind of authority to distill without a license. Hell, maybe they got licensed?
    I'd bet we are both right. *WE* couldnt get a license, but I'm sure Discovery could.

And our tax dollars are also probably paying for MANY agents to babysit this show to make sure all of the finished product is destroyed. :rolleyes:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Or its legit, but they agree (behind the scenes) to not actually keep or sell anything produced for the show. They most likely have an agreement with the authorities that allows the still to operate more or less as a reenactment. Kinda like a moonshine Conner Prairie. Its only being done for entertainment.

And instead of making their money selling the finished product, they are being paid to make it by the network.

By law you can't distill at all regardless of what the purpose is, so as soon as they light the fire it would be a violation. Maybe they can add the denaturents to the mash before distillation to get around that, but it would be tricky matching up the temperature and vapor pressure to make sure it was unconsumable after the process.

You could buy Everclear and add it to a fake mash and distill that, keeping all the receipts to stay inside the law. I also don't believe that you can be mobile and distilling even if you have a license, so the tv show operation would have to be in the same place all the time instead of moving around like they do on the show.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. After multiple knee surgeries and osteoarthritis showing go it’s ugly face in my knees to boot. If it’s ever legal I will certainly chew a gummy when I get home from work Instead of taking the ibuprofen I take now. I refuse to take opioids.
    It would be worth a try.
    I know an older man who injured his back severely several years ago who has titanium rods holding his back together.
    He still has constant pain.

He got hooked on prescribed opiate drugs his doctor gave him, and had to go to narcotics anonymous to kick them.
    He says the gummys help him enough to get by.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Can't tell if you guys are serious about that moonshine show or not .

It is a tv show., a fictional show, made up picture stories on the talky box.

Moonshiners is a fictional TV show. It is all made up. They are not cooking moonshine. They are actors acting.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That one is a negative.

I'm curious, has the legal system evolved to handle modern technology?

Is the evidence scrutinized for deep fakes or other nonsense that just about anyone can do convincingly today? Or is that a matter for a lawyer to sort out?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. After multiple knee surgeries and osteoarthritis showing go it’s ugly face in my knees to boot. If it’s ever legal I will certainly chew a gummy when I get home from work Instead of taking the ibuprofen I take now. I refuse to take opioids.

The obnoxious thing about that is your doctor and your employer are likely to continue drug screening even in the face of blanket legalization.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm curious, has the legal system evolved to handle modern technology?

Is the evidence scrutinized for deep fakes or other nonsense that just about anyone can do convincingly today? Or is that a matter for a lawyer to sort out?
    I'd say the legal system has the means to handle that but not on a widespread basis. Maybe NYPD, Chicago PD or LAPD might have units with the equipment and knowledge but for the most part it is likely only used for high level offenses/investigations.

Top Bottom