• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The problem is that the Feebs have been really good at stopping terror attacks… when they were the ones grooming the terrorist, providing materiel, recruiting other “terrorists” in the form of other undercover agents… and not much else besides investigating Catholic Churches and old ladies walking between velvet ropes waving American flags.

When I was on, the dudes from Achilles, the Marshals and the Postal Inspectors were all good people, but half of the Secret Service folks (and I worked with a LOT of them) and the FBI folks were 100% d-bags.

They're just picking on the lowest risk/easiest to track targets, looking for a pat on the back from superiors while knowing they've accomplished nothing.

I'm not even totally sure it's politically motivated, it's just that people on the right are less likely to kill your family for coming after them.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    So far two posters have mentioned the fuel/air ratio... I'm too lazy to quote them.

It's both easy and difficult to get to the LEL of propane / natural gas if that makes any sense?

Something akin to a 20lb gas grill cylinder's worth of propane can get to at least the LEL in a ~ 1400 sq ft basement w/ 8 ft ceilings. And yes, that's oddly specific. Ask me if you wanna know. But to get to that same level in an above-ground floor / multiple floors is more difficult. So depending on circumstances it can be pretty easy - or it can be pretty difficult. Adding to the difficulty is that the EL for NG is 5-15%. Below that - no explosion. Above that - no explosion. I think propane is like 5-10% or something.

Fresh air movement in the structure also plays a huge part. After my FIL died and my wife and I were cleaning out his house, I discovered a NG leak in his water heater. His water heater was in a small closet just off his kitchen. I opened that closet door and was met with a cloud of mercaptan. But his house was so poorly built and leaky + the flue from the water heater apparently kept things below the LEL. I'm not sure if there was a standing pilot on that old water heater or not; or if that'd even matter. But in another scenario; a better-built utility closet with poorer ventilation/flue could've easily resulted in an explosion.

The Richmond Hills situation - all you INGO LEO and FD folks who were there - you have my sympathies. I cannot imagine. On the physics end of it though, it was all a dumb luck situation. For that huge house to get to at least the LEL...and stay within the EL? and then for their timer/detonation to actually work? Sheer dumb luck.

Anyhow: Who knows that the guy in VA was up to. Was it NG / propane? Was it a meth lab? Did he have a bunch of gasoline cans in there for giggles? Dude was apparently a loony. Right now is too early to determine. Personally I'm going to postulate that it wasn't NG. Because I'm such an expert - but the explosion seemed too slow / too "rolling" for NG.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    So far two posters have mentioned the fuel/air ratio... I'm too lazy to quote them.

It's both easy and difficult to get to the LEL of propane / natural gas if that makes any sense?

Something akin to a 20lb gas grill cylinder's worth of propane can get to at least the LEL in a ~ 1400 sq ft basement w/ 8 ft ceilings. And yes, that's oddly specific. Ask me if you wanna know. But to get to that same level in an above-ground floor / multiple floors is more difficult. So depending on circumstances it can be pretty easy - or it can be pretty difficult.

Fresh air movement in the structure also plays a huge part. After my FIL died and my wife and I were cleaning out his house, I discovered a NG leak in his water heater. His water heater was in a small closet just off his kitchen. I opened that closet door and was met with a cloud of mercaptan. But his house was so poorly built and leaky + the flue from the water heater apparently kept things below the LEL. I'm not sure if there was a standing pilot on that old water heater or not; or if that'd even matter. But in another scenario; a better-built utility closet with poorer ventilation/flue could've easily resulted in an explosion.

The Richmond Hills situation - all you INGO LEO and FD folks who were there - you have my sympathies. I cannot imagine. On the physics end of it though, it was all a dumb luck situation. For that huge house to get to the LEL and then for their timer/detonation to actually work?

Anyhow: Who knows that the guy in VA was up to. Was it NG / propane? Was it a meth lab? Did he have a bunch of gasoline cans in there for giggles? Dude was apparently a loony. Right now is too early to determine. Personally I'm going to postulate that it wasn't NG. Because I'm such an expert - but the explosion seemed too slow / too "rolling" for NG.
    This wouldn't happen to be your portrait, would it?
    1701868955615.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know who that is... I'm sorry. :-(

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Will I be banned from INGO if I admit that I've never seen the Red Green show?

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    Allegedly Yoo's social media is filled with ani-white / anti-Trump posts mixed with accusations of his neighbors being spies. Guy was completely of the rails.

Now if the SWAT team was coming to take away his gas stove and then this happened, I would be crying "false flag" to further the anti-stove agenda. :):

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    I was one of the first onscene at the Richmond Hills explosion. It was like a medieval painting of Hell. I've been around explosives and explosions for years, including a live fire miclic as the driver of the firing tank, but never saw fire like that. True sensory overload. It must be so much more so to not be expecting it and be that close to one.
    My stepdad used to do wrecker calls for the county sheriff and police, and would have to go wherever a car needed impounding or moved. There was a house explosion at some point, and he had to move vehicles to allow firetrucks to get closer or something He described that people near the blast zone were trying to explain to police what happened, but kept making baby noises when they tried to talk. He explained that a shockwave can rattle the speech center of your brain temporarily. It was a serious and somber situation, but I can't help but chuckle a little at the thought of being first on the scene and having people walking around going "bluh, bluh, bluh!" I would probably be traumatized if I was a responder.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I don't get why this is such a "thing". Hundreds of "crazy" people are on our radar. Doesn't mean that we are able to prevent them from going "Postal" if they haven't given us a reason to arrest them.
    Not to worry AI is here and can predict a criminal act before a criminal acts.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis

Officers were trying to serve a shots fired warrant.. turns out it was a Flare gun.

Suspect discharged several flare rounds in the home when officers tried to serve the warrant... but still doesn't explain why it blew up.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dupe... by a week...

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I find it ironic that the house exploded just as the police were rolling in. How do you get the fuel and air mixture correct and perfectly timed. I’m sure they didn’t call ahead. Could just be a coincidence but it just seems like astronomically impossible odds to me.
    They had the suspect barricaded for a bit before

Top Bottom