• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Here’s the thing about appendix carrying a Glock, or even a M&P. It’s the superior method of carry. Not everyone can do it. And that’s understandable. That’s NOT a bad thing.

Just continue with your inferior, subpar, mediocre method of carrying your 1911 strongside.

:)

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    [video=youtube_share;LYVekHI7fzQ]http://youtu.be/LYVekHI7fzQ[/video]

I have no idea about language or anything else in thus video as I have not watched it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have no idea about language or anything else in thus video as I have not watched it.

It's a good explanation. But I don't like either options, north or south of the 300th parallel. North is flat out no. South, maybe if I could find the right holster. I've seen the urban carry holsters, which seem very problematic to me; just a lot of things there to go wrong in terms of drawing.

So I think I'll stick with 4 o'clock IWB or occasionally pocket-carry. It's comfortable enough, accessible enough. Well, pocket carry isn't quite as accessible, but whatever.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Resistance is futile. The day I stopped pretending size 38 pants fit was a great milestone in personal comfort.

The only way to make it work for my shape is suspenders, tried it for a year or so, and that just don't work for me. I agree with the placement of the 300th parallel in terms of comfort. Not that it's ultimate comfort, but least discomfort.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Resistance is futile. The day I stopped pretending size 38 pants fit was a great milestone in personal comfort.

In my usual rant, I'm going to have to edit the "you can't keep wearing the same size pants you wore in high schools" because my pants are smaller than I wore in high school.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Well, pocket carry isn't quite as accessible, but whatever.
    I was surprised to learn that Robert Vogel normally pocket carries a little revolver without a holster. He's fast already but since he maintains a firing grip on the pistol, he said his draw is about 0.5 seconds. Of course, he didn't recommend no holster for most folks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was surprised to learn that Robert Vogel normally pocket carries a little revolver without a holster. He's fast already but since he maintains a firing grip on the pistol, he said his draw is about 0.5 seconds. Of course, he didn't recommend no holster for most folks.

I can get a "mostly" firing grip (Shield) with my pocket holster if I'm standing. But it's just not ideal for several situations. So, like if I'm sitting I have basically no access to it.

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I can get a "mostly" firing grip (Shield) with my pocket holster if I'm standing. But it's just not ideal for several situations. So, like if I'm sitting I have basically no access to it.
    His firing grip includes finger on the trigger (hence, no holster). I'd guess that would not be as easy even for him from the sitting position though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just so much that can go wrong with your finger on the trigger in your pocket. Maybe less of a bad day potential if it's a DA revolver with fairly heavy trigger. But not zero.

Jabberwocky

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 10, 2016
    Muncie
    I carry AIWB tucked. Not comfortable concealing in any other position except maybe in colder weather when I can wear a jacket. G42 in tuck-able IWB kydex.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I found a solution for my concerns about AIWB carrying a P320:
    00klA3C.jpg

Top Bottom