• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    There are a bunch of good options. Crossbreed, Galco, Old Faithful, etc. Don't spend $25 bucks on a universal fit cheapie. Do a little research on some of these and see what features they offer that you like. Will you be carrying IWB or OWB? Concealed or open? These should be a factor in your choice.

I have a Galco SuperTuc I use with my XDm for IWB. Works for me. I have a Foxx IWB I use for my S&W 3913. Does the job. I am a fan of the hybrid holsters. (Leather and Kydex) They stay open when you draw and that makes re-holstering much easier and safer.

Along with your holster choice, make sure you get a good gun belt. The best holster is held back by a cheap belt. DalTech Force has a Bio Belt that I love. $50 shipped to your door with the INGO coupon code and they are made in Indiana. There are other good gun belts but I can't speak for them as I have never used them.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    With OWB, you might want a retention holster. It offers more security from falling out or a 5 year old girl disarming you. I use a Blackhawk Serpa with my XDm.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    With OWB, you might want a retention holster. It offers more security from falling out or a 5 year old girl disarming you. I use a Blackhawk Serpa with my XDm.

Love my Serpa for my XDm. Really holds it in well when messing around in the woods.

Now, I need to decide what IWB to use with my XDs!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Bigtanker has pretty much covered it. Dont go cheep, finding the right holster for you, and your gun might take a few tries, but buying quality will make the world of difference. Picking up a good, sturdy gun belt (not the typical wal-mart selection) will also make a huge difference in your comfort, and concealable carry.

I have Galco, DeSantis, Bianchi, Safariland, Blackhawk, a few custom holsters, and yes, even a few of the cheepies that we see from time to time. All of the better quality holsters get moved into rotation depending on what I am going to carry, how I am carrying, and where I will be going. I almost never use any of the cheep holsters, and the only place my wife will use one is for a holster to keep the trigger covered if she happens to be purse carrying that day.

Buy once, cry once. The gun is just a small expense compared to the rest of the ammo and gear that it takes to carry and stay proficient with your weapon.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    After doing a lot of research and looking around, I almost went kydex until someone told me about the remora holsters. I bought one and love it. Very comfortable and versatile. I bought an IWB one for my LC9s. It helps that they are offering 35% off and throw in a mag holder. I like it so much I'm thinking of getting a shoulder rig to play with and have one side for my .40 and the other for my .45. ;)

The Official Store of the Original Remora "No Clip" IWB Concealment Holster

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I recommend crossbreed supertuck if you are planning on conceal carry. You will not regret.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    I agree on the good belt! Bio belt is what I have now. I also carry in either my new kydex holster made by a INGO member hpclayto or my carry lok by bianchi.

Kaardomos

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Milltown, Indiana
    I recommend crossbreed supertuck if you are planning on conceal carry. You will not regret.
    I second the crossbreed for CC.

For OC, I like Andrews Custom Leather, though it's on the expensive side.
    7276437912_f2fd80b9f0_b.jpg

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I just picked up a gently used VP9 from a fellow INGo'r over the weekend and have to say I REALLY like this gun.

As I began to research holsters I've found that if a holster fits a Ruger SR9/40 or an H&K USP45 they will be a nice, secure fit for the VP9. My Bianchi Model 7 Shadow is tracking for delivery tomorrow. Every handgun I have ever owned has been paired with this model Bianchi/Safariland belt holster. To say I have certain warm fuzzy feelings with my sidearm ensconced in beautiful custom leather would be an understatement. For a relatively cheap owb paddle holster I'm gonna say (and am aware of the lambasting I'm subjecting myself to) I have found that the Fobus Elite Roto-paddle works very well. I've owned several over the many years and several guns, and never had a hiccup. I digress... They aren't leather and they aren't high dollar Kydex, they are however; fully functional and comfortable. 'Nuff said.

For IWB I absolutely love the Sidearmor stuff, but their CS sucks bigtime, so I wont give them any more of my $$, and as a result I will need an alternative. Generally I find IWB at least uncomfortable, At worst uncarry-able. Recommendations are welcome.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom