Holcomb vetoes house bill 1041 which would have stopped guys who pretend they are girls from playing girls sports in school

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I never advocated for that point.

My point is that I think all transgender athletes should play on boys/male teams exclusively.

I don't believe transgender athletes of any kind should play on girls/female.

If that is what you took from my statement, I guess some introspection is in order on my part.
    I see the disconnect. I misread what I highlighted in my reply. Sorry.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I never advocated for that point.

My point is that I think all transgender athletes should play on boys/male teams exclusively.

I don't believe transgender athletes of any kind should play on girls/female.

If that is what you took from my statement, I guess some introspection is in order on my part.
    I could sign on to that plan

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    IF it affected only that school, maybe.

Their team competes against athletes from other schools state wide though. That means there needs to be uniformity in eligibility for those athletes.

The school board and league management can sort this out without help from big brother. The solution may not be to my liking or yours but it's up to those parents willing to attend meetings and press administrators and board members.

So many conservatives get upset with government involvement over things like Common Core yet are happy to see the heavy hand of government in things they agree with.

"Government isn't the solution it's the problem." - Ronal Reagan

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    The school board and league management can sort this out without help from big brother. The solution may not be to my liking or yours but it's up to those parents willing to attend meetings and press administrators and board members.

So many conservatives get upset with government involvement over things like Common Core yet are happy to see the heavy hand of government in things they agree with.

We're not anarchists here; the government does have a proper role, and not every law is government overreach. There are certain things that fall outside the realm of what a local school board should have to deal with, and are the job of the government to ensure, like making sure school kids don't get murdered or kidnapped by pedophiles, to name a couple of extreme examples. Making sure that young girls don't have to compete in sports against mentally ill males is another one of those things.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Biological males should compete against biological males, and biological females should compete against biological females. Simple. I don't care if they wear dresses or overalls and flannels. I don't care if they've had their junk cut off, or had their boobs cut off. Male is male, and female is female.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Biological males should compete against biological males, and biological females should compete against biological females. Simple. I don't care if they wear dresses or overalls and flannels. I don't care if they've had their junk cut off, or had their boobs cut off. Male is male, and female is female.
    I completely agree. We can call the divisions XX and XY if that makes people feel better but it's nonesense to have males and females compete in head-to-head physical compitition. It's also extremely unfair to the bio women if nothing else.

But, I get very uneasy when big government swoops in to 'help'. More often then not it turns out poorly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I completely agree. We can call the divisions XX and XY if that makes people feel better but it's nonesense to have males and females compete in head-to-head physical compitition. It's also extremely unfair to the bio women if nothing else.

But, I get very uneasy when big government swoops in to 'help'. More often then not it turns out poorly.
    Better yet, they could re-open the insane asylums and let them compete against one another, even if it's just intramural.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

It does often turn out poorly, but whether you or I like it or not, is irrelevant. If the "other side" is going to cram their ideology down our throats with government power, on issues where they have a slim governing mandate, then we should get our turn behind the "boot-heel," also, on issues where we're right on the intellectual merits, and can attract a governing majority to our position. To do otherwise, is suggesting is that "we" play an asymmetrical warfare game, symmetrically. Which usually turns out poorly, also.

Like it or not, we live in a world of government power. The right side of the political spectrum "turning the other cheek" has never been able to change that one, single whit. It just makes us feckless.

I see no reason to give the batsh.t crazy left a monopoly on the use of government power.

GranolaFacility

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 22, 2022
    Westfield
    It does often turn out poorly, but whether you or I like it or not, is irrelevant. If the "other side" is going to cram their ideology down our throats with government power, on issues where they have a slim governing mandate, then we should get our turn behind the "boot-heel," also, on issues where we're right on the intellectual merits, and can attract a governing majority to our position. To do otherwise, is suggesting is that "we" play an asymmetrical warfare game, symmetrically. Which usually turns out poorly, also.

Like it or not, we live in a world of government power. The right side of the political spectrum "turning the other cheek" has never been able to change that one, single whit. It just makes us feckless.

I see no reason to give the batsh.t crazy left a monopoly on the use of government power.
    I've gotta say I find myself agreeing with you even though on a philosophical level I wish the government weren't involved in just about anything. The Left just keeps inching along, and the Right has been going along with it for a long time to keep the peace. Enough. This is insane.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I've gotta say I find myself agreeing with you even though on a philosophical level I wish the government weren't involved in just about anything. The Left just keeps inching along, and the Right has been going along with it for a long time to keep the peace. Enough. This is insane.
    I consider myself a lover of Libertarian ideals also! But ideals are, well...really ideal things, and once the barbarians are inside the gates, the time for pacifism is over. I wish I had five bucks for every time I've heard someone on INGO scratch their chin and say, "I would prefer the central state not be involved in this." Well, no shxt Captain Obvious. What microwave tower were you sitting in front of when you had this original epiphany nobody else ever had? I'd take all those $5 bills and buy the trans community their own island nation they could represent in the Olympics and win more medals than Greece.

My idea of keeping the government out of the transgender issue would have been to not put them on that damn "federal protected species list," and let them figure out how to live their lives and deal with their problems like everybody else.

But the .Gov didn't do that. We had to find the next grievance group to save, because the Government / Civil Rights Complex always needs fresh fuel to keep its members in a job forever. So that cat's out of the bag, and we have to deal with it. And since it was the government who peed in the pool to begin with, I don't see how this gets fixed with "zero" recourse to government action**

(** in before "put your girls in church schools")

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

How does that work for state championships?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Agreed, but this is the core purpose of government:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed...

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Force them all on to a single team at each school. Once the entire spectrum of school sports has been ruined we can see how many new conservatives we have. With some districts just finishing up on multi-million dollar sports complexes, it would be nice to see those programs completely collapse and the taxpayers on the hook for years.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can you PM? Question for you from another thread.
    I'm sure I know the reason for the question. You cant participate in the classifieds unless you are also a site supporter or have 50 quality posts. That was covered in the rules you checked off that you read. So here they are again to refresh your memory.

Click here to read the rules:
    Forum Rules
    Classified Rules

IMPORTANT info about our classifieds for the new guys from the tenured members' perspective:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/threads/info-for-the-new-guys-looking-at-the-ads-section.408311/

Welcome to INGO! (where we are a discussion board first, and the classifieds are a perk for contributing members)

Top Bottom