• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I need to get better about some of that when I have to travel for work (I've been to plenty of places but only saw the conference room, etc I was in, because I just wanted to get back to my family as soon as I could). Since the pandemic work travel pretty much stopped. I only traveled a couple of times a year or so anyway.

I do have a work trip coming up this month and I did tack on a couple of days as it's in the same city that my son lives in.
    It was a much needed break from the normal work Vegas trips or the personal trip there with the guys.

If you can, see the country, especially out west! I've been to all 50 states when I was younger and am now working on getting the family there.

Grand Canyon, Saguaro National Park last year. On tap for this year is Rocky Mountain National Park, Pike's Peak, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton (want to hit Glacier again, but it'll be too cold)...

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It was a much needed break from the normal work Vegas trips or the personal trip there with the guys.

If you can, see the country, especially out west! I've been to all 50 states when I was younger and am now working on getting the family there.

Grand Canyon, Saguaro National Park last year. On tap for this year is Rocky Mountain National Park, Pike's Peak, Great Sand Dunes National Park, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton (want to hit Glacier again, but it'll be too cold)...
    I hit all 50 before 40. Now we are branching out internationally.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I need to get better about some of that when I have to travel for work (I've been to plenty of places but only saw the conference room, etc I was in, because I just wanted to get back to my family as soon as I could). Since the pandemic work travel pretty much stopped. I only traveled a couple of times a year or so anyway.

I do have a work trip coming up this month and I did tack on a couple of days as it's in the same city that my son lives in.
    I'm traveling again a bit on business. It took getting a new job to be able to do it though. My last company almost completely stopped business travel.

I'm doing my "peace out" tour(yes, I took that from Aerosmith). I'm retiring at the end of the year so I am treating each trip as one of my last. I have upped my evening dining options since I don't think the company cares and when I am drinking that bourbon before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner, I enjoy it and don't worry about the expense. They will say something if I cross the line.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I did something similar when I went to Round Rock, TX for training. Did the drive down to San Antonio to see the Alamo. It was cool. And MUCH smaller than I imagined. Still cool as hell.

Never did find the basement.
    My previous employer had a plant in Georgetown

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Not on topic of Holcomb but, I will never forget the color of blue after seeing the falls at Niagara. Always wanted to go back.

Now on Holcomb, the PTB are saying this is going to be one of if not the biggest road travel day in Indiana history.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    My god what will Holcomb do with over 350k descending on marion county on Memorial Day weekend? He better have armed militia at every driveway…

chadm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    West side of Indy
    I love this country and state, but we have the worst options for leaders. A state of emergency for the eclipse, and we sent 50 National Guardsmen to the southern border. What are 50 guys gonna do down there? This is politics at its worst.

Holcomb, Braun, Chambers, Biden, Trump, Pelosi…..that’s a room full of idiots that I don’t want anything to with. I don’t think I could pick a list of people I have less in common with.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    This is something I'd be interested in seeing actually.
    I really enjoyed the drive from Vegas to the dam, too. We drove through Boulder City, which was a really nice town, at least a few years ago anyway. Nice scenery pretty much the whole way.

We also drove into Arizona a little bit too, and hit the California desert the following day before returning the rental car. It was an enjoyable trip for sure.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Now on Holcomb, the PTB are saying this is going to be one of if not the biggest road travel day in Indiana hihistory.
    I went into the office today and the traffic was a bit heavier than usual both coming and going.

I'm working from home tomorrow but I may go downtown to see about a permit on my lunch. I'll be able to get an idea if the town is filling up.

Saturday I'm supposed to head a few miles south to Smithville to mow a lawn.

I'm thinking I'll be okay for those errands.

Tradesylver

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    I noticed that. I hadn't even thought of that possibility. Wish I'd have filled up a couple days ago.
    It was interesting watching the price of gas on my way to Costco this week from Nashville (don't buy gas in Nashville) it's cheaper in Gnaw Bone. The run up 31 to Greenwood saw prices from 3.29 to 3.80. Gas at Costco was 3.13 glad I topped off figure it was only going to get worse the closer it gets to weekend.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It was interesting watching the price of gas on my way to Costco this week from Nashville (don't buy gas in Nashville) it's cheaper in Gnaw Bone. The run up 31 to Greenwood saw prices from 3.29 to 3.80. Gas at Costco was 3.13 glad I topped off figure it was only going to get worse the closer it gets to weekend.
    Gas in Whitestown was $3.79, Costco was $3.29, but thats about par for the course. Topped off the truck and empty can and almost saved enough to buy lunch.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    100k?

speedway deals with 350k on race day.
    Speedway yes, but not when every other small and large burg is doing the same thing all over the state. Imagine every town in the state having the same issue at the same time. The path of the eclipse, partial/total is ~115 miles wide. When the race is over the people can leave town. This time they won’t be able to. The roads will be jammed. Just a thought.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom