• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I've seen repeated over and over how HK /H&K/ Heckler and Koch hates us, but I've never seen any evidence as to why... Just claims that they overcharge.

The only real thing I've seen is in defense of H&K.
    The article is titled "Sporting Purposes: How HK Really Does Not Suck Or Hate You":

After searching INGO just to see what else has come up, I basically just find the same bits rehashed over:

Rather than resurrecting one of those old threads, I'll ask a slightly different question: Is there any recent evidence of H&K actually being against the American civilian? ('Recent" being defined by you, the cultured reader.)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember when H&K stuff started showing up back in the 70s and don't remember any sales issues with distributors that were carrying them. They were expensive, but so were M1A and Colt AR rifles in the $400-500 range. I was never impressed with the 91 or FA G3, fluted chambers were hard on brass and the ejection system sent the casings into low earth orbit making them hard to find. The G3 was like most 30 caliber FA stuff, hard to control in short bursts. I admit to being spoiled by the BAR/Monitor and FN model D.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Thanks, Leadeye. I guess I should specify that I don't have issue with anyone who thinks that the price doesn't demand the quality. Everyone's entitled to an opinion on that. There's no H&Ks in my safe, but I get that every brand has fans/opponents.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    It's mostly a meme.

I don't think HK *hates* American civilians, but I do think they regard us as fickle and our government as untrustworthy because they've been burned before.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Thanks, Leadeye. I guess I should specify that I don't have issue with anyone who thinks that the price doesn't demand the quality. Everyone's entitled to an opinion on that. There's no H&Ks in my safe, but I get that every brand has fans/opponents.

For people who don't reload and don't have a problem with the odd actuator and trigger I think they are a good rifle. Back in the late 70s they cost as much as an M1A which had less expensive magazines and more familiar operating system. I've had an M1A since 1980 for the reasons I've given.:)

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    H&K doesn't hate civilians, they hate our wishy washy government regulation that pretty much immediately cripples their production line the second they tool up and offer a rifle on the civilian market.

After getting burned countless times, they've thrown in the towel and they're ultra cautious on releasing anything.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    HK has to deal with the German government which has not only importation laws on firearms but also on intellectual property which I believe is why we are unable to produce or build guns in the US.

I think that’s why we sometimes feel that we get the back hand from them whenever they “introduce” a firearm at shotshow and such. I’m sure they would love the business if they were to bring some of the popular guns such as mp7, g36, etc but they can’t.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Like other have stated, its more of a meme type of thing.

I have 6 HK handguns and know it can sometimes be challenge to get a particular model because they seem to be released in batches with times of scarcity between.
    They produce military grade and type of weapons so that is their primary concern of filling those orders and civilian sales after that. If I have to wait months and months for a HK model, its because they hate me :)

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    For people who don't reload and don't have a problem with the odd actuator and trigger I think they are a good rifle. Back in the late 70s they cost as much as an M1A which had less expensive magazines and more familiar operating system. I've had an M1A since 1980 for the reasons I've given.:)
    I don't think I've ever fired an H&K aside from a VP9. As always, thanks for the insight.

Like other have stated, its more of a meme type of thing.
    I guess the other threads pre-date the purple and predate my interest into being more than a young fudd.

I have 6 HK handguns and know it can sometimes be challenge to get a particular model because they seem to be released in batches with times of scarcity between.
    They produce military grade and type of weapons so that is their primary concern of filling those orders and civilian sales after that. If I have to wait months and months for a HK model, its because they hate me :)
    Finally, the evidence I asked for.

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I don't want to clutter up your notifications just to quote everyone. For those who hate their H&Ks, I do accept donations and run a no turn-in shelter for unwanted arms.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    It’s always seemed to me HK’s we’re dealer specific. As in only certain dealers carried them. Now (as in the last few years) I have seen more HK products on dealers shelve more than years past.

But you will most likely never see them in the numbers that you see Gocks, S&W M&P or Sigs or a few others

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    HK has to deal with the German government which has not only importation laws on firearms but also on intellectual property which I believe is why we are unable to produce or build guns in the US.

I think that’s why we sometimes feel that we get the back hand from them whenever they “introduce” a firearm at shotshow and such. I’m sure they would love the business if they were to bring some of the popular guns such as mp7, g36, etc but they can’t.

This.

From the bits and pieces I've gleaned, HK isn't picky about who their guns go to and they've been burned by that a few times when their guns were found in the hands of less-desirable organizations. The post-WWII German governments been cagey about arms manufacturers and basically heavily clamps down on HK... very limited in what they can export. So if they design something in Germany, they have to beg and plead with the German gov to let them export even the designs to manufacture elsewhere. Then they have to beg and plead with the US gov to let them import them.

Top Bottom