Hey You Hunters...Buy Your Meat at the Grocery Store....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redpitbull44

Expert
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Sep 30, 2010
    Skipping ahead to say what I always say when I read this idiotic thing:

I don't know a single hunter that will take an unethical shot.

Unethical meaning as quick a kill as possible. Our goal isn't to hurt or scare the animal, our goal is to kill it. If we wanted to hurt them, we would shoot at them with rock salt or bb guns.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    This reminds me of the time Nancy Pelosi made the comment that she was glad that we were spending more money on natural gas exploration so we would be less dependent on fossil fuels.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    303358_386077788092664_273879369312507_1166035_1923167944_n.jpg
    Just do the best you can to think backwards.:dunno:

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    The newspaper is a hoax. But I had an experience similar to Hookeye's.
    And yes, there are people that don't think about where the plastic wrapped meet comes from.

Two lines below the highlighted part is mentions "Speakout"
    I actually read this in print in the Kankakee Daily Journal a few years ago. It was in a column where people call in and air their issue.

So Hoax or not, someone called it in and got it into print!

The other one I like is when someone complains that there shouldn't be a "deer crossing" sign on a busy road. Much too busy, should find a better spot for those deer to cross.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Oh, my manager at the time was some 1960's dressing 5 ft female troll with triple chins.
    She too an animal rightist.
    I knew she was reading my emails, mgmnt had the "right" to do so (can't they just watch Oprah and draw that overpaid salary?- which is what I asked HR actually).
    So.............knowing she was spying on everybody, I kinda went on about animal rightists and such with a coworker in another facility- good dude, shooter too.
    No cussin' no name calling, very pointed but PC.

And then the slammer.

I said she sentenced more animals to death by maintaining that body stature than all of my arrows and bullets combined.

Nobody gets that big by eating Brussel sprouts alone.

I soon got my transfer :)

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Perhaps my freezer meat would be kosher if I hunter deer with a pneumatic punch? Damn just checked with dnr looks like they are not legal to hunt with.

Rhinestone Pete

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    So.....where do they "make" the meat in the grocery store? Is it made from the bubble gum they scraped from the bottom of the cash registers and blended up with the recyclable paper bags? :dunno:

Mog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So.....where do they "make" the meat in the grocery store? Is it made from the bubble gum they scraped from the bottom of the cash registers and blended up with the recyclable paper bags? :dunno:

Well, of COURSE it just appears there, all nice and neat and packaged. It comes from the refrigerator in the back of the store! Silly!! :rolleyes:

This obscurity is intentional. Those industrial food producers don't want anyone to think about "where it comes from", or more importantly, how it is produced. The whole industry is a study in "garbage in, garbage out". (You not only are what you eat, you are what you eat, ate.) KNOW what's in your food: hunt, and buy locally from local farmers that you know.

Hillbillyblood

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    LaPorte Indiana
    Is it me or are most of these anti hunting comments coming from degree holding people of position? Makes you wonder, what are we heading into? Scary. Something needs to change!

Top Bottom