• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Here is as thought I had this morning, what about a section of the website dedicated to linking to forums like this one in other states. I would find it extremely helpful as I travel to get some local feedback before arriving. Kind of a forum reciprocity section. :)

Another reason for this is that I am moving to northern Virginia. I am hoping I can find a resource like this in that state.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I do see people asking if there are sites like this for other states quite often. Perhaps a sticky with the links in an existing forum would be a fine idea.

ja7lewis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    As an Ohio resident, I can tell you that the Ohio forum doesn't have the anywhere near the following that this fine forum does. Not to say that people don't post there, it's just not as active.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    As an Ohio resident, I can tell you that the Ohio forum doesn't have the anywhere near the following that this fine forum does. Not to say that people don't post there, it's just not as active.

Maybe if it was easier to find, it would have a better following.

Personally, I think the NRA ought to have a forums section, and should have links to groups like INGO.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I kinda agree, i had found another indiana gun forum and now i cant find it.... i mainly only lurked on it cause i liked their "Tin Hat" thread, watching all the paranoids freak out over stuff like seeing a convoy of weekend warriors coming home, or freaking out over traffic cameras being installed

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    We're not allowed to talk about it... It was started by disgruntled ex-INGO'rs.

I think it had something to do with the Immigration and Naturalization Services.

INS

Wow!! I hadn't visited there in quite some time so I popped over to say hi and it was like.....Hello????? Hello???? anybody here???(echo) I believe I saw a tumble weed blow by on my monitor...

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You could also try KY Shooters...........

http://www.kyshooters.com/

No offense... but whats wrong with google?

What business do you have here in answering jgreiner's question to the admin or mods?

snicker.gif

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    If we always used google as the answer there would be no reason to have 3/4ths of the content on this forum. It's just a way to make it easier to find this stuff.

You plan on having a conversation about other forums or you simply looking for links to other forums?

Its not like all states have a single official gun forum... just use google and type in "state" + "gun" + "forum"
    I just don't understand why INGO would want to make a complete subforum or moderate a sticky just to house a bunch of sparsely used links when google search engine is really easy.

This request basically is asking INGO (a forum that is driven by traffic) to house links to direct traffic elsewhere :dunno: I can't think of a reason why that would be helpful or necessary. Nor do I see any benefit from promoting other privately run forums considering you never know who runs them or what their policies are. Why would INGO even want to chance linking themselves to forums they might not be all that familiar with? Who knows what they might promote.

But whatever... paperboy is right, I'm not a mod or admin so whatever

Last edited:
    Top Bottom