• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Mutual Supporg Group i believe. and splitting the groups sounds like it might be a good plan

I think it's going to have to be done. Not only is the area too large to make regular gatherings impractical, but if the S ever does HTF, then traveling such distances for any actual support may be impossible.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    Hasn't this already been put in use in other MSG's? I seem to remember a discussion on how to do this, and the consensus was an E-W halving of the area, and the nomenclature was Area 2 West (or East).

I can speak about making and using non-mechanically aided bows, such as longbows, recurves and selfbows, making bowstrings, and making quality wood arrows for hunting and defense.

And, there is a community building in the little town near me that is VERY reasonable to rent. But I'm on the northwestern edge of Hendricks Co.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hasn't this already been put in use in other MSG's? I seem to remember a discussion on how to do this, and the consensus was an E-W halving of the area, and the nomenclature was Area 2 West (or East).

I can speak about making and using non-mechanically aided bows, such as longbows, recurves and selfbows, making bowstrings, and making quality wood arrows for hunting and defense.

And, there is a community building in the little town near me that is VERY reasonable to rent. But I'm on the northwestern edge of Hendricks Co.

I would really like to learn how to make bows like that.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I'm an Indy Southsider, but work for Wayne TWP schools on the west side. We can use Ben Davis High School anytime in the evenings.

I can teach:

-NIMS (National Incident Management System) Incident Command
    -Basic Urban Combat Tactics, i.e., room clearing, team formations, structure security, active shooter response, etc.
    -Law Enforcement Crisis Response

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    I'm an Indy Southsider, but work for Wayne TWP schools on the west side. We can use Ben Davis High School anytime in the evenings.

I can teach:

-Basic Urban Combat Tactics, i.e., room clearing, team formations, structure security, active shooter response, etc.

I can help with the NIMS stuff if you'd like. I had to go over all of the Incident command stuff in my Hazmat 2 class at BSU. we did all the work, but the prof. didnt think to get us an actual certification.... :dunno:

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Very interested in what El Cazador and jsx1043 are teaching. There's a chance we could use the clubhouse at the Linden Conservation Club for a small fee as long as there's nothing else already scheduled.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I wouldn't be opposed to paying a small fee to offset the cost of renting a meeting place.

I'm not opposed to paying a small fee. The main things that would keep me from going is distance, or lack of lead time so I can get off from work. I intend on being fully involved, and just hope we can get things organized shortly.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel

I can teach:

I would definitely be interested in the later two. As far as useful things during SHTF that I know that I could teach; kydex holster making and maybe reloading (although in the grand scheme of things I'm a complete NOOB at it).

I'd agree with splitting the MSG into two parts....heck maybe even into counties. The are covered in the tacked thread is WAY to large to be effective.

It is however a great idea!

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'm in Crawfordsville, and would really like to attend if someone get something setup. I don't think I have a lot to bring to the table though. I would be able to meet on a weekend, due to being in school in IL during the week. I would travel about an hour to a meeting place.

I would be really interested in:

First aid
    Communications
    What jsx offered

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I believe that Redneckmedic is in area two. If you ever have a chance to take his trauma class, I recommend it.

I live in the Pendleton area, so I'd be willing to get together for meetings. Have you thought about meeting at a state or city park instead of meeting inside? Everyone could bring their cold weather preps, and we can take turns making fires with different techniques.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I personally would LOVE to practice making fire with little/no available synthetic fire starters. Honestly, I think practicing the basics would be a prime way to start, as these are the most important things.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Agreed SilentWarrior. My apologies if I came in late to the group, but maybe the best first step is to set up an initial meeting (if it hasn't been done already) for a meet and greet and organizational meeting. We would be able to brainstorm and set up the agendas for rest of the meetings. (I know, sounds awful "guvmental" but hey - it's what I know...:dunno:) It would give everybody a chance to prepare their lessons.

For example:

Meeting 1: Meet/Greet, set up agenda, discuss preps
    Meeting 2: Basics 1-fire,shelter, food,water, first aid (BUG OUT)
    Meeting 3: Basics 2-urban preps, fortification, disaster mitigation (BUG IN)
    Meeting 4: Terrorist attack/man-made disaster survival/response (Getting home)
    Meeting 5: Short-term survival (+2 wks), MSG contact/support, govt repsonse, communications
    Meeting 6: Extended-term survival (+2 months), social order breakdown
    Meeting 7: Progessive skills: gardening, tool making, distilling, hunting
    Meeting 8: Range day? Firearms handling, roles, protection, training spouses (?), group usage/movement

This is by no means an official syllabus, but just some notes on how we could lay out the training.

How often do we want to meet? Monthly? Bi-Weekly? Any dues? (For food, obviously :D)

How long should classes be? 2 hours?

Again, I can get us a good room at Ben Davis HS with projectors and such for PowerPoints or videos.

Top Bottom