Here we go again. Another reason to ban military grade assault weapons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    Wait, wait, wait....Illinois' new carry laws say that guns are not permitted in parks. In addition, Illinois residents can't even carry until the police start issuing permits. Therefore, this shooting cannot possibly be true. insert purple where needed

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Just being "that guy" but you want to know how many times I see people take their kids, in their carts, at Walmart at 11PM at night on Friday and Saturday, in the liquor/beer/Boone's Farm aisle of that store? A bunch. So when I see someone harangue the people of Chicago about how late their kid is out, I want to simply point at your local hillbilly haven of Walmart on a Saturday night when kids should be in bed or at home, still out b/c their parents wanted some hootch to escape their pointless feelings and lives...

Having met and talked to a lot of people in Chicago: The problem is gangs and the local government's reaction to them. Why do you think gangs exist and continue to exist for so long? Corruption in politicians and police. Chicago Police get paid off, are lazy and react, rather than proact. Their knee jerk reactions are not that, despite our thinking. Their attempts at curbing gang violence protect what they think will buy them votes, but keep their coffers filled. Crack, meth and other drugs flow through Chi-town and the gangs distribute it. As long as you have gangs, hip hop glorification and "urban culture" (which is devoid of moralities, and not just religion, just plain morality and the continued glorification of it), you will have killings.

The weapons used, doesn't matter. But we see skewing of facts or statistics to promote one side's ideals (killings in Chi-town to promote gun control). One would read the article, they would find little information about the already existing gun control measures in place and their questionable efficacy, just sheer twisting of words...

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    11PM? Try 2AM, and the toddler is awake. Awesome parents.

Sad, but true. I remember seeing kids when I was completely drunk at Walmart picking up some booze for a party. Not responsible on my end, but then again, why the heck are there kids there this late? Questionable at best to use the argument of "wrong place, wrong time" as we live in a 24/7 society, but need to understand there should be unimposed "limits" to our idiocy...

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Sad, but true. I remember seeing kids when I was completely drunk at Walmart picking up some booze for a party. Not responsible on my end, but then again, why the heck are there kids there this late? Questionable at best to use the argument of "wrong place, wrong time" as we live in a 24/7 society, but need to understand there should be unimposed "limits" to our idiocy...

Stupidity is one of the few things that is color blind.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    One thing I did not see mentioned is that Chicago has just about the least freedom of gun rights in the USA. When will the Liberals open their eyes to the obvious? None of the gun laws have worked in the least. The military was denied the right to carry on their bases by the Clinton Administration. The last two mass murders would certainly not occurred as they did had the persons involved been armed. I am quite certain all the BG's in the last dozen or so Chicago shootings were not legal to possess - don't know but possibly some legally armed person could have stopped or at least reduced the number of murders. Also many of these "brave" gang members that shoot at unarmed citizens might not be so brave - if they knew there was a good likelihood that some persons present might shoot them!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Richie boy Daley, the same one who grand standed as Illinios States attorney by arresting priests for allowing charity "las vegas nights" to raise money for orphanages loved the gang culture. When he decided to run for his dad's old job as mayor of Chicago, he figured a way to get "gator" Bradley out of the state penitenary to help him "reach the nations" (His words, not mine) Bradley was a big time drug gang boss. Then richie boy HOSTED something he called a gangland summit, where the leaders of the street gangs could meet and discuss ways to reduce violence. In that week, they basically drew boundry lines for gang controlled territory the the convention being paid for by the taxpayers with lots of extra police to guard the summit. He called in this favor during elections to make sure the democrats had all the opportunities possible. This was the City of Chicago the white house resident started absorbing his power and politically relational currency. And we wonder why there are problems with street violence. Our leaders, romanced, catered to, and set up conditions for rapid reproduction of these socitial problems.

Look it up, it all happened, you cannot make up junk like this.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Getting ready for the next summer olympics................track and field coach drives over to nearest south side Chicago park, pulls out starter pistol or cap gun, fires a few shots into the air while starting a stop watch, grabs the fastest Jackie Joiner, or Bolt look-a-likes (no they don't all look a like) and signs them up after a background check. Fastest B-Ball court to high rise race you'll ever see. Can't do it in Detroit though, nothing phases those folks.

Top Bottom