Here we go again. Another reason to ban military grade assault weapons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    3 Year Old on the streets at + 10:15PM in the middle of the week??

The Gang Bangers WILL shoot each other..It's part of their trade.

I would ask for a reason that a THREE Year Old is out on the streets/in a park at past 10:00PM??

When my kids were that age (And my Grand Kids now), they have been asleep in their bed for a couple hours at that time--NOT--Out on the streets.

While we are charging the shooter(s), lets charge the parents of the Three year old on Child Endangerment...Bill.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    You've pretty much explained why the shooting happened. And you're racist, as am I.

I don't think that's the case with Billy, but I don't know you. However, it's just as wrong to point fingers at parents as it is to blame the guns. What law says children have to be in bed at 8pm? Those pulling the triggers are to blame, short and simple.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I don't think that's the case with Billy, but I don't know you. However, it's just as wrong to point fingers at parents as it is to blame the guns. What law says children have to be in bed at 8pm? Those pulling the triggers are to blame, short and simple.
    Chicago does have a curfew law stating that all children 12yrs or younger are to be in the house by 8:30 pm. As I've told my children, nothing good will happend to you if your out past 10:00 pm. NOTHING!!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Chicago does have a curfew law stating that all children 12yrs or younger are to be in the house by 8:30 pm. As I've told my children, nothing good will happend to you if your out past 10:00 pm. NOTHING!!

So, the 3-year old was at the park by himself? If that's the case, fine, but if not, I didn't know the law can place curfew restrictions on a child accompanied by a parent.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Can a parent take a 3 yr old in a bar? So the answer to your question is yes! They can and do restrict where and when you can take your underage children.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    7.62 by what? x39, x51, x54r , or x25 (Tokarev) or x33 (.30 cal).

Not enough info yet unless another source specifies the exact casing used.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Are you saying it's against the law to have a child outside at 10:30 PM?
    In Chicago yes, it is against the law for any child under 12 to be outside , in Chicago . I believe that law came into effect in 2011. Mainly because of the incidents of children being hit by gun fire. Plus I believe after 11:00 pm all parks are closed to everybody.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Are you saying it's against the law to have a child outside at 10:30 PM?

i think Que is right, curfews are for kids without chaperones. It isn't bad for people to be playing basketball in the evenings with kids in tow (if there are lights that is hehe).

As for the shooter, I heard he shot everyone in the legs, which explains why the small child was hit in the face. So was he a terrible aim, or did he just want to wound I wonder? Either way, he is the worst kind of human being, and fully deserves the death sentence expeditiously.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Gotta love it. LEO's saying "military grade" weapons, when only about 20 shots were fired, with maybe more than once person doing the firing. Do they not realize how fast a military grade weapon can fire? Idiots. Oh but a citizen thinks it was an AK, because he/she has extensive knowledge of an AK's sound.

It was McCarthy that made that statement.

From Second City Cop

Chicago police superintendent Garry McCarthy is not happy about the new concealed carry laws in Illinois. And now he is predicting that police will shoot citizens who are lawfully carrying firearms.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    In Chicago yes, it is against the law for any child under 12 to be outside , in Chicago . I believe that law came into effect in 2011. Mainly because of the incidents of children being hit by gun fire. Plus I believe after 11:00 pm all parks are closed to everybody.

I'm sorry and it's not my intent to carry this on, but my original question was not answered. Was this child in the park alone or with a parent? Is this known? I understand curfew laws, but it seems you are saying a child cannot be outside after 10:30 with a parent and that is not true!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

And you are wrong. Chicago Curfew: City Council Approves Stricter Law For Kids 12 And Younger

The Chicago City Council approved, without debate, a more strict citywide curfew for children 12 years of age or younger Thursday.
    Unsupervised minors aged 12 and younger will now need to be in their homes by 8:30 p.m. on weekdays and by 9 p.m. on the weekends

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I'm sorry and it's not my intent to carry this on, but my original question was not answered. Was this child in the park alone or with a parent? Is this known? I understand curfew laws, but it seems you are saying a child cannot be outside after 10:30 with a parent and that is not true!
    Ok,

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Now that the curfew has been settled maybe since they can't control firearms, maybe the gangmembers will obey a ban on murdering people if they would just make murder illegal.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom