Here we go again. Another reason to ban military grade assault weapons.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Hmmmm, the article stated that at least 16 rounds was fired from 3 shooters. You could do that with revolvers or 1911's. Guess century old technology classifies as assault weapons???

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Gotta love it. LEO's saying "military grade" weapons, when only about 20 shots were fired, with maybe more than once person doing the firing. Do they not realize how fast a military grade weapon can fire? Idiots. Oh but a citizen thinks it was an AK, because he/she has extensive knowledge of an AK's sound.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Multiple fail in that article.

[Deleting before I get myself a timeout from the board] :xmad:

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    "They need to stop, they need to stop," said the boy's grandmother, Semehca Nunn said" well they aint and I dont see how making us defenseless will solve that problem....

"I think it was like an AK," said one neighbor." neighbor dont know squat.

While this is a tragedy, it's because of more than one reason/failure and no doubt the media will blame this on AR/AK rifles because the mere fact they exist is what kills people. Anyone else think if someone opened fire with an AK or "high powered rifle" there'd be more casualties than what's reported?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Chicago police chief McCarthy was on WLS blaming the guns. He said they have evidence that a high powered assault weapon was used. This guy is an embarrassment.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I saw nothing in the article about what kind of weapon(s) was used in this shooting. "I think it was an AK..." Yeah... Sure...

You would think they would have some idea by now by examining the bullets taken out of the victims. What will the po-po have to say if it turns out to be a couple of cheap pistols, and not the Infamous Assault Rifle that shoots people by itself?

Jamarrie? Wut?

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I was unaware that they knew what weapons were used. At least in the article I read they didn't seem to.

heres the quote from the article:
    A gunman with a military-grade assault rifle opened fire on a pickup basketball game in the Back of the Yards neighborhood late Thursday, injuring 13 people and dragging the city back into the international spotlight for its violent crime problem.
    At least 16 bullets were fired into Cornell Square Park around 10:15 p.m. on Thursday, wounding a 3-year-old boy and a dozen other people. All are expected to survive, many with wounds to their arms and legs.

Shell casings found around the blood-soaked basketball courts were 7.62 mm rounds, which are traditionally used in AK-47 assault rifles and rarely found in gang attacks on Chicago’s South Side. Though gun violence has long plagued the city’s impoverished neighborhoods, offenders almost never use military-style weapons."

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    First, I don't think they truly know what type of weapon was used, but if what they say is true, that a "military style assault rifle" was used, it means they are pretty poor weapons as 13 were injured, ZERO dead. I would not want our military to be armed with weapons with such poor ballistics.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    When will these thugs start killing children with the proper killing tools, give them all abortion kits so they can start getting government aid!

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Yes, their plan is to make them doubly illegal. They want to remove guns from law abiding citizens in HOPES that less make it into the hands of criminals. It is a tough sell, since drugs are illegal, and all the gangs exist to do massive quantities of drug transactions. Ironically, the drugs mostly come from Mexico (*cough* where all guns already are illegal, and thousands die from para military drug gangs)...

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I saw nothing in the article about what kind of weapon(s) was used in this shooting. "I think it was an AK..." Yeah... Sure...

You would think they would have some idea by now by examining the bullets taken out of the victims. What will the po-po have to say if it turns out to be a couple of cheap pistols, and not the Infamous Assault Rifle that shoots people by itself?

Jamarrie? Wut?

They won't say anything, they've already completed the mission of getting more AWB misinformation out there.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    They won't say anything, they've already completed the mission of getting more AWB misinformation out there.

^ True. No one cares a three year old was shot, it's more important to bring up AR/AK's even there is no evidence of such. Without the AR/AK mention it would just be another Chicago weekend.

Top Bottom