• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    1. Gun rights grow stronger the more guns are normalized among the people.
    2. Guns grow normalized the more people see guns.
    3. People would see guns, all the time, in all manner of settings, under full and vigorous OC.
    4. Many gun owners are scared out of OC'ing because of all the negative interactions between cops and carriers. Some 23 year old may be able to endure having five guns drawn on him. A 55 year old would rather risk being unarmed in the presence of criminals than confront the stress of being forced face down in a parking lot with five loaded guns pointed at his head, while his family watches the degradation.
    5. If we want to unlock the power of OC to strengthen gun rights, we need to back down the cops.
    6. Any cop, or other government official, who interferes with the peaceable carrying of firearms must be subject to swift and certain criminal liability and civil recompense to the victim so serious that any governmental employee would be deathly scared to strip us of our rights.
    7. When a gun owner can OC with sufficient comfort and confidence to challenge a cop who's eyes linger too long on the OC'ers holster, saying "you looking at something?" and be met with only a polite response, we'll be on our way to getting the general population again comfortable with seeing guns, every day.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Our elite "Anti-Open Carry Unit". Here come the boogieman!!!!!!!!!!
    peruvian-antiriot.jpg

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    OC all you want. It's your right and I support your right to do it.

I won't do it though. I don't want to attract any undue attention to myself, wether it be from people, cops, or anyone else. I can see your point, but it's not something I'll be doing.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    OC all you want. It's your right and I support your right to do it.

I won't do it though. I don't want to attract any undue attention to myself, wether it be from people, cops, or anyone else. I can see your point, but it's not something I'll be doing.
    Then why bring it up? Unless, that is, you want to argue about it.

You bring it up just to say that you won't be doing it. Do you want for us all to give you a round of applause for not doing something you weren't asked to do?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Then why bring it up? Unless, that is, you want to argue about it.

You bring it up just to say that you won't be doing it. Do you want for us all to give you a round of applause for not doing something you weren't asked to do?

That is like some people post in threads and say something like: I think I'll keep my thoughts on this topic to myself.

WIZZO499

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    It's a polite way of me saying I don't agree, but give it hell anyways, rather than getting into a heated argument.

That's all.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Well, goodie for you, but CC does nil for making firearms part of the general consciousness.

I wouldn't say "nil", but there is a somewhat diminished effect. Just because a firearm is out of sight does not mean it is out of mind though. :twocents: And to clarify, I OC and CC. I really don't have much of a preference.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Not going to argue CC vs. OC, but I would estimate that many people on this site carry a firearm for protection rather than to make a statement or further an agenda.

+1 QFT

I CC because it keeps me safe. I don't OC because I live in Bloomington and have gotten enough crap from people who know I carry and disagree with it.

I don't need it from more people I don't know.

I would OC if I lived somewhere more tolerable to the idea, and would if I had a OC holster, and definitely would on the way to the range if there were any ranges to go to near here. However, it's just not in the cards. Why stress myself out much over something that's not going to happen.

In the wise words of Gandalf, 'Keep it secret, keep it safe.'

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    1. Gun rights grow stronger the more guns are normalized among the people.
    2. Guns grow normalized the more people see guns.
    3. People would see guns, all the time, in all manner of settings, under full and vigorous OC.
    4. Many gun owners are scared out of OC'ing because of all the negative interactions between cops and carriers. Some 23 year old may be able to endure having five guns drawn on him. A 55 year old would rather risk being unarmed in the presence of criminals than confront the stress of being forced face down in a parking lot with five loaded guns pointed at his head, while his family watches the degradation.
    5. If we want to unlock the power of OC to strengthen gun rights, we need to back down the cops.
    6. Any cop, or other government official, who interferes with the peaceable carrying of firearms must be subject to swift and certain criminal liability and civil recompense to the victim so serious that any governmental employee would be deathly scared to strip us of our rights.
    7. When a gun owner can OC with sufficient comfort and confidence to challenge a cop who's eyes linger too long on the OC'ers holster, saying "you looking at something?" and be met with only a polite response, we'll be on our way to getting the general population again comfortable with seeing guns, every day.
    whats with the old guy bashing?....23 yr old would wet his pants....give me a war seasoned vet anytime.....to all nam vets..korean vets..and ww2 vets....i salute you...and woul'nt want anyone else behind me when 5 guns are pointed at me...cause they've been there and done that....

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Not going to argue CC vs. OC, but I would estimate that many people on this site carry a firearm for protection rather than to make a statement or further an agenda.

If the agenda or statement is protecting our right to carry, more people should consider standing up and making that statement. The sheep need to become familiar with the sight of a gun and the guys that OC are the only ones promoting that. If we all simply CC'd, we'd end up like Wisconsin where the bulk of the population wet themselves at the sight of a gun.

All of us believe in the right to carry. I think all of us should OC once in a while in a responsible manner to help protect that right. The folks in CA have had their rights stripped and are left with only empty OC right now. In Wisconsin, they only allow OC, but some police have gone on record saying they will not allow it in their jurisdiction.

The anti-gun crowd does not want the average citizen to become comfortable with the sight of a gun. That weakens their ability to promote an anti-gun agenda. If the anti-gunners tell the sheep that only criminals carry guns, they don't want them thinking that 'Gee, Bob from church carries a gun and he sure is not a criminal'. The anti-gun crowd would rather Bob from church CC so the sheep don't get any counter programming to the anti-gun party line.

Anyone that enjoys the respect of their community needs to OC once in a while to acclimate the sheep to the fact that good people carry guns to protect themselves from bad people. If you are not willing to support 2A, then the least you can do is to A: Give credit to those that do and B: don't knock OC because it's not your thing. The folks that responsibly OC are doing all of us a favor.

Top Bottom