• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xilegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Speedway
    Again Thanx to Trophy Hunter, and all who have helped me through the "thinking" process. I have made 14 rounds of 45acp with 230g bullets, using power pistol decided to stay at the 6.6g just to see what the difference will be. Heading to the range tomorrow. If all goes well will have a post with the results.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Um, as a new reloader myself, and not having any experience with Power Pistol, I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but since you titled this thread, "Here goes nothing,LOL"

I'm going to stand,

way over.........

here.

xilegend

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2015
    Speedway

"If he's running at 6.6 Id guess they are lead cast"

Nope they were jacketed. Only the lee chart showed such a high load. everyone else was 6.4 -7.2​

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    here goes nothing, I am new to reloading and see alot of different info on OAL
    is there an absolute min/max ?
    Stop!! Go buy a couple manuals read and re-read then come ask your questions. Trying to get all the info that you are asking for in different threads will not get you safe, reliable data.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    Yes there is.
    Too short, and on some powder loads, there is enough volume that a short OAL "could" result in a compressed load. "NOT" a good thing unless the recipe calls for it and it was intentional.

Too long, and you can have chambering issues and/or feed issues. Generally in a pistol, your max OAL is about .005 shorter than the point where the rifling quits making marks on the bullet, and it no longer sticks when pressed tightly into the chamber (barrel removed from the pistol) but falls out when you turn the barrel over.

Top Bottom