• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I wonder what the colt saa guys thought about the brand new 1911..

“Pffft, these kids and their silly trinkets. Don’t they know how reliable these old revolvers are? And look at that tiny, weak little round. A real man uses this here 44mag. Those semi autos are just a fad. They’ll disappear When that cheap steal breaks on them.”

Fudd circa 1912
    (Probably)
    I get the point, but the 44 magnum wasn't around in 1912. Though Elmer Keith was about 13 years old in 1912, I believe.

45 Colt/45 Long Colt were... Among others.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a glock 43. Still getting used to it as it is much slimmer then the 9mm I had before. To be honest I only bought it because it was very pretty and different. It is a Davidson Wolf Edition... or something like that. I has beutiful evngraving of a wolf on the slide with gold inlaid eyes.
    Need some pics.

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    i own 1911's, two of them. i also own a couple Beretta's, Sigs, S&W revolvers. so your "only own 1911's" argument is very flawed.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy

OP has issues

;)
    Car makers put turn signals on vehicles too, doesn't mean you have to use them just cause they're there

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    why can't some of you guys be civil? my intent was to start a "conversation" as they say in polite society these days. isn't that the concept of a "forum"? Huh? maybe i'll learn something? and i have: 1. Glocks are an excellent firearm, just ugly. 2. some folks on INGO like to flame people like me. 3. some people need to grow up.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    why can't some of you guys be civil? my intent was to start a "conversation" as they say in polite society these days. isn't that the concept of a "forum"? Huh? maybe i'll learn something? and i have: 1. Glocks are an excellent firearm, just ugly. 2. some folks on INGO like to flame people like me. 3. some people need to grow up.
    You have stumbled upon one of the many controversial subjects of the gun community that is mainly fought by the Fringes of a specific spectrum, where as most inhabit the center "bell curve" of this spectrum. This leads to a non-sensical level of ball-busting and joking amongst this bell-curve as most see this debate as ridiculous, but also partially feel the need to defend their tribe when attacked. In this case one side being the Glock Perfection people vs. the Won Two World Wars 1911 people, where as most are in between.

The gun community, like many communities mostly inhabited by men (not to exclude the women in this community), is full of ball-busting, joking, and showing off. There are many subjects that will lead to an endless debate of both jokers, elitists, snowflakes, and bystanders, and this is one of them. Others would be like AR-15 vs. AK-47, 45 ACP vs. 9mm, wood and steel "fudd" guns vs. tactical modern sporting rifles, etc.

INGO has their own unique controversial topics. Go into the "Change the 50 Post" thread a say pineapple belongs on pizza, and you'll get a page of rebukes and non-sensical debates on if pineapple does indeed belong on pizza. Issues arise when someone digs in and doubles down, as it will likely attract further rebukes and joking.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    My first Glock was a 10mm at a time when no other mass manufacturer was making 10mm. Other than that I like them because they are simple, reliable, parts are readily available, and they are extremely easy to work on. In short, pretty much what I want out of most things in life.
    Pretty much...
    I don't tend to buy much of anything for aesthetics or looks to impress other people...if it don't impress me, I don't care!
    I love work tools that are both simple to operate and efficient!
    I've tried several other manufacturer's pistols, and they're nice, but I don't need nuthin' fancy or too complicated to operate on a moment's notice, and doesn't self-discharge, have drop-firing issues, etc.!
    Too many people get hung up on the platform (which is important, but not everything) and forget that it's the little bullet thingy, coming out of the muzzle end of the platform, that makes all the difference, not necessarily the platform itself, with the exception that the platform is of a quality product to begin with!
    For me, the Glock platform is adequate and meets the need as listed above, without going overboard with external safety's, etc.
    To each their own!

Johnk

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Mooresville
    good one nipprdog
    You have stumbled upon one of the many controversial subjects of the gun community that is mainly fought by the Fringes of a specific spectrum, where as most inhabit the center "bell curve" of this spectrum. This leads to a non-sensical level of ball-busting and joking amongst this bell-curve as most see this debate as ridiculous, but also partially feel the need to defend their tribe when attacked. In this case one side being the Glock Perfection people vs. the Won Two World Wars 1911 people, where as most are in between.

The gun community, like many communities mostly inhabited by men (not to exclude the women in this community), is full of ball-busting, joking, and showing off. There are many subjects that will lead to an endless debate of both jokers, elitists, snowflakes, and bystanders, and this is one of them. Others would be like AR-15 vs. AK-47, 45 ACP vs. 9mm, wood and steel "fudd" guns vs. tactical modern sporting rifles, etc.

INGO has their own unique controversial topics. Go into the "Change the 50 Post" thread a say pineapple belongs on pizza, and you'll get a page of rebukes and non-sensical debates on if pineapple does indeed belong on pizza. Issues arise when someone digs in and doubles down, as it will likely attract further rebukes and joking.
    ZurokSlayer, thank you for your intelligence.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Yea….but all that predates Glock. Gaston just simplified the component list and put it in a tried and true Wonder 9 - albeit polymer…and changed the world.
    Actually, it's my understanding that Gaston Glock designed the polymer-framed, stryker-fired type, handgun platform that all the other manufacturer's then copied! (unless I am misunderstanding your original statement and, then, response?)

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Actually, it's my understanding that Gaston Glock designed the polymer-framed, stryker-fired type, handgun platform that all the other manufacturer's then copied! (unless I am misunderstanding your original statement and, then, response?)

Don’t tell that to the H&K fan antics.

Those people are worse than those CZ crazies.

Top Bottom