• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok so I know Lever action Rifles are so not the cool Kids choice. But for me there just something special about them. Wonder if that also applies to Henry? Seems like will they frequently donate a special edition model to help someone in need.

Do other companies do this and we just do not hear about it?

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I've heard many people rag on Henry lever actions, but I am solidly a fan. There are many stories of Henry customer service going above and beyond.

I do wish they would totally move out of NJ though.
    What model are you looking at.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Henry repeaters are top notch backed by great customer service.

One of my favorite range .22s is a Henry Large Loop Carbine. One of my few .22s without optics because it is so much fun and insanely accurate with just the iron sights.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    All I know, is I've handled them, and the actions seem really slick, and that I want one.........I like that they support some radio and TV programs. I'm not into NASCAR, but they sponsor a car there too...

Lefty Red

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2021
    SEMO
    Awesome rifles. Have had their Big Boys in 357 and 45LC. The 357 was a Golden Boy and gave me fits. CS helped me out and was top notch.

Currently have a steel frame Big Boy Carbine in 45LC and it’s the prettiest thing.

Their 22lrs should be mandatory for all kids when they hit 8. Funnest rifles ever.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I might look into them again now that they have a loading gate on some models. The long ranger models seem neat.

22 lever actions have been a passion of my collection to years. Win 9422’s marlin39a’s and browning BL-22’s moss burg palominos ruger outshine the offerings from Henry for me but the price of admission is far higher. Once again maybe I need to take a closer look into them but plastic barrel bands and some type of mystery metal side plates have kept me from spending any money on the ones I have looked at.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Seen some nice Henries at the John Wayne museum. As for WCD’s question, it seem like Henry donates a lot more than other companies to more local and smaller causes and charities. Seems S&W donates but usually working with larger organizations.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    As for Henry moving out of NJ, they are opening a new facility outside of Rice Lake, MI. Wisconsin.
    FTFY.

Would still like to see them totally out of New Jersey.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I might look into them again now that they have a loading gate on some models. The long ranger models seem neat.

22 lever actions have been a passion of my collection to years. Win 9422’s marlin39a’s and browning BL-22’s moss burg palominos ruger outshine the offerings from Henry for me but the price of admission is far higher. Once again maybe I need to take a closer look into them but plastic barrel bands and some type of mystery metal side plates have kept me from spending any money on the ones I have looked at.
    I agree. While my collection of Lever-Action 22s is not as extensive as yours, I look at every one I come across, and have scored a couple nice ones at prices that I could afford over the years. The Henry has nothing on a 39a. I'm sure they're fun guns, but I've been unimpressed with the finish on them...basically painted on...and the internals are pot metal. They're inexpensive for a reason.

The side loading gate on the centerfire models was a step in the right direction, but I have yet to actually handle one in person to see how they balance.

BMWRich

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Henry has a production facility in Rice Lake, Wisconsin. They also just announced (last week) an expansion to a third location for manufacturing in Wisconsin.
    Henry’s customer service support/warranty is the Best.
    Quick story....my GoldenBoy exhibited poor performance after 15,000+ rounds of use.
    The rifles exterior also had it's fair share of bumps n bruises.
    Contacted Henry with the above information and was issued a return shipping label.
    Two weeks later, I received my repaired rifle back.
    Everything and I mean everything was replaced with “new”...the stocks, barrel, all internals, etc...
    Only thing left original on that rifle was my aftermarket sights and the rifles receiver.
    Even the box the rifle comes in, was brand new.
    In the end....Basically, a brand new rifle.
    Henry you’re the Best!

Top Bottom