• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    But the reason they're giving for not being able to keep up with demand is "supply chain issues". Maybe it's true, but dang, I'm tired of hearing that excuse for almost everything.
    Get this.
    I can't find concrete chimney block.
    There is not a single concrete chimney block within 60 miles of Lafayette.
    Not only are they not currently available but the distributors all tell me that they don't know when they will get more.
    It's a niche block, not often called for, so they're not making them right now.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    $400 over MSRP is blatant price gouging. I have a Big Boy X on order through local Henry Gold dealer for $194 UNDER msrp.

disregard the above, its a marlin, not a henry.

Last edited:

Chalky

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2019
    Central IN
    If only nobody would buy it. That's the problem IMO, people paying these types of prices and not just for guns. I personally don't get it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    ohhh, tempting....verrrry tempting

NOPE, crap. scam site. To good to be true as I thought. Zelle payment
    1671745901686.png

But there is this:
    1671746974853.png

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    MSRP only works when there are items available. When items are allocated or limited editions you can ask whatever the market bears.

The Limited edition Marlin trapper 1895 (what the ruger big loop is based on) asking price is 5k but there were only 499 made. The 1895 Davidson guide gun (limited to 500 made) 3k and rising. My stainless Davidson limited 1894 (249 limited edition) sells for 4k and up. 5k for the 357 version because Marlin made very few 357's in stainless and many of the 44 mag's in stainless. I purchase my limited 1894 for just over 500 in 2007/08.

Marlin keep the model 39a in the lineup post remington purchase. The started calling it "a custom shop gun" they lined all the screws up to match a six o clock position. Not upgraded stock or forend wood. Just normal bluing no limited edition serial numbers cost was MSRP 'Ed over 3000. They kept it In The lineup so it would mark another year or three of the longest running firearm in constant production maybe the president got one as a gift and the operations manager bought one at a discount but at 3k few if any sold.

Let ruger start pumping out the 1895's and if it is above the price you are willing to pay wait a while. I think ruger is adjusting the line and production as we speak. (Or read) Very early on some adjustments to the reciever we're made and I have not followed the new ones close enough. Was told the investment casting was showing some issues with heavy duty loads. The ruger and Marlin collectors association will be in at a gun show this spring and I will ask my guy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I remember seeing an msrp and figuring 20% off for street price and it was just about right. Nowadays you see the msrp and add 20% and it seems to be the going street price.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Supply chain BS is now the standard excuse for everything not being available. I still believe it’s pure BS especially for materials that are not coming from out of the USA. Is Ruger importing materials or MIM parts from China? Is Ruger importing raw materials from South America or the Far East? I seriously doubt it! My 3 cents. Peace.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never bought a gun online, assuming you have it sent to your favorite gun store and pay their fees
    For everyone else yes.
    For me, I just have it shipped to my local FFL's shop and I pick it up after the 4473 check.
    No fees included!

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I see a problem with all these short barrel .45-70 guns. My research shows that the optimal barrel length for this caliber is 20-24”. All these short barrels give up some velocity, muzzle energy and, of course, accuracy. Henry and Ruger/Marlin need to be making their standard models with these barrel lengths and full length tubular magazines just like in the original good old days. IMHO! :ingo:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I see a problem with all these short barrel .45-70 guns. My research shows that the optimal barrel length for this caliber is 20-24”. All these short barrels give up some velocity, muzzle energy and, of course, accuracy. Henry and Ruger/Marlin need to be making their standard models with these barrel lengths and full length tubular magazines just like in the original good old days. IMHO! :ingo:
    I got my eyes on a colored case hardened rifle down the road, but I wanted this all weather first

Top Bottom