• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    Anyone real good at adjusting these things? I can't seem to get the primers to go in the brass w/o having to lift up the ram a tad and move the brass. I have tried adjusting the pawls. But just can't seem to get it. I have a new shell plate and primer set.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Is the shell plate clicking into place properly by the time it returns to the bottom? Or do you have to manually adjust it? Also, what cartridge are you trying to reload?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am in Avon and pretty famliar. I would be glad to help. But I am out of town until Monday. If you haven't figured it out by then let me know

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Anyone real good at adjusting these things? I can't seem to get the primers to go in the brass w/o having to lift up the ram a tad and move the brass. I have tried adjusting the pawls. But just can't seem to get it. I have a new shell plate and primer set.

Hey Craig, out of curiosity I simply googled "hornady lock n load primer feed problem" (or something close to that) and several videos popped up. Would one of these address your problem?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hor...rnady+lock+n+load+primer+feed+problem&tbm=vid

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    From a former Hornady user to a current Hornady user I'll tell you that the best thing I ever did with my L&LAP was trade it for a Dillon. With the Hornady I spent too much time tinkering and adjusting the machine. On the Dillon I just load ammo.

Seriously, OP let me know if you want to come over some time and load on my Dillon just to see the difference. I've used both, and I wont go back to Hornady.

I know that doesn't answer your question... but I wanted to throw it out there.

Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    I have googled many times... it's seems that it is sooo close to being right I just can't get it 100% tuned in. I may have to check out Dillon, but want to give this hornady my best first.

Top Bottom