• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    I work in Chicago, I suggest you contact the hotel and every single place you are thinking about going as to what their policies are. There may be places that are not under the vax card mandate that will still require one. Don't expect that you can talk your way into places without the card. Expect people to move away from you and give you dirty looks when outside if you are unmasked. Expect to wear a mask every place you go indoors. Be very careful after dark. Do not take public transportation.
    I din't understand why anyone would enter the city and spend money there that does not have to. Good Luck and ....well....I hope the wife gets it out of her system.
    Situational awareness and Intel gathering.

Reminder to all, see post #28.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Long story short...we have time share points. Most places we can go are too far for a quick trip, Chicago has a hotel they we can pay for with points. Use them or loose them. We're using them.
    Makes sense and in the same set of circumstances, wife and I would probably do the same. We used to get away to Chicago for weekend trips. Been at least 10 years since we have been there.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So, the Mrs and I are going to Chicago at the end of the month for a quick birthday getaway for her. (Don't try and talk me out of it...it's happening.) The problem is their new "fully vaccinated" mandate that went in to affect on Jan 3, 2022. I have had zero Covid shots, and plan to keep it that way. We won't even be able to get dinner the way I'm reading things.

I recently tested positive for the Rona and wonder if I could show that and say I had to wait to get vaxxed? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Edit: add link
    All I can say is that restaurants do not uniformly check for vaccination.

If only there were a way of checking who enforces and who doesn't.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Long story short...we have time share points. Most places we can go are too far for a quick trip, Chicago has a hotel they we can pay for with points. Use them or loose them. We're using them.
    And none of the other cities mentioned have a hotel that you can use the points?

Good luck, is your wife an experienced tail gunner? Oh, I forgot, you will be unarmed…

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And none of the other cities mentioned have a hotel that you can use the points?

Good luck, is your wife an experienced tail gunner? Oh, I forgot, you will be unarmed…
    This.

And think about it. Yes, its use it or lose it. But is using it any better than losing it?

Use it:
    Have to drive 2+ hours and burn a bunch of overpriced gas
    Get to hole up in a hotel room for the period since you cant go anywhere. Sounds exciting. (unless you dont have cable and want to binge watch)
    Have to pay money for carry out, resulting in sub par food quality.

Lose it:
    No gas money required
    Get your freedom to wander around Indy if you choose to do something here.
    If you choose to pay money to eat out, you will likely highly enjoy what you get because it is fresh from the kitchen.

I'm not sure in today's climate that using it is better than losing it. I'd lose it rather than pay money to be miserable in a crappy city. Call some friends. Hang out with them. Have a party.

The only way I'd lose use it is if it impacted future years. If its just this year, lose it and enjoy yourselves elsewhere.

Last edited:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Have your wife read this thread. If she still wants to go after reading .................

giphy (2).gif

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I was just wondering about the above. Does your wife watch or read the news by any chance? Mine doesn't. When I show her stuff about things that are happening in other cities (people getting raped in train cars full of people, anything that happens in Chitcago at 2pm on Tuesday)...it comes as a surprise to her. Yours may be the same.

If your wife is like mine, and Googles questions like "Things to Do in Chicago," it's not going to pull up info like this. She may need edumacated.

Two minutes on the internet, and I guarantee my wife would be asking, "Why are we taking children someplace they could be murdered?" She's not dumb by any means; sometimes she just needs her info sources expanded.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Maybe there’s a way to limit access just to this thread.
    Once she reads this thread, the site will be flung open and everything post you have made will be scanned with the great attention to detail. Next thing, she will be wanting an exact list of how many guns you own. The horror!

A long time ago, my wife and I made a rule. I don't read what she posts on FB. She does not read what I post on INGO.

Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    It's amazing how off topic threads can get. He specifically said not to try to talk him out of it. We also have probably no less that 1,000 threads about COVID, yet people are trying to discuss the politics here. Eeeesh
    I hear ya - it’s not just politics, Internet forums have brought out many guys’ inner mama for years. Amazing how otherwise independent, self-reliant manly men can turn into matronly yentas, cluck-clucking unsolicited opinions about unasked questions. Geez, either answer the question, or don’t. Sounds like few if any in this thread have the info OP is looking for.

I’ve spoken with two Chicago friends recently. Both carry a “passport” on their phones. One has numerous comorbidities and is all in on masks, shots, etc. He still goes out but acts pretty fearfully/cautiously. Another friend got his shots and goes out frequently but has yet to be asked for proof. He says restaurants/bars require masks when not at your table.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Why spend your money where it, or you, are not appreciated.
    Go someplace nice, and anywhere is safer.

If you do get to go, is your hotel near the train tracks? Could always take the wife shopping.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well Crook County allow this if you want to try dining in the Burbs.

People who have been granted a religious or medical exemption from vaccination by their employer will be exempt, but must show proof of the exemption, as well as proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the past 72 hours.

Top Bottom