• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1234steve

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    clark county
    hey im having some rat infestation :eek:in my parents home and i was curious as to what is the best possible way to get rid of them. they have tried various traps and nothing works so i didn't know if you guys had some ideas to catching/killing/shooting/blowing up/ anything else to help get rid of these parasites.:xmad: :ar15::draw:

rat poison in the past has lead to them dying under the house out of reach and stinking up the the place. so its not wise to use posion. i also have a german shepard the would eat them if she found them which i don't want anything to happen to her.

the only place we see them is inside.

i cant find them outside. they usually hide under the house and come
    in when they are hungry and we have seen them runing around inside the house. The thing is there are 2 small boys that live with my parents and we need to get the problem taken care of asap. we don't want the rats near the toddlers

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Bait blocks seem to work best, as long as there's no animals around that may eat the rodents and then get sick themselves..

:+1: had one or two trying to take up residence last year. Took some D-Con rat poison in little plastic packs that they'll eat through to get to the poisoned food inside. It dehydrates them to the point they leave whatever structure thier in looking for water. They then die whether water is found or not, in fact I think the water speeds up the process.

But yes you have to be aware of whether you have any domestic animals about, family pets etc to include neighbors outdoor pets.

One application of about 4-5 packets and the deal was sealed. Haven't had any signs since.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    See, if they were outside, a firearm might be a good solution.. but other than one that I saw on my sidewalk (dead from baitblocks) I've never seen one outside.

Are you guys seriously advocating shooting inside a dwelling??

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    See, if they were outside, a firearm might be a good solution.. but other than one that I saw on my sidewalk (dead from baitblocks) I've never seen one outside.

Are you guys seriously advocating shooting inside a dwelling??

I was thinking that you would see the rats outside near the house or barn.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Need to find their food source and try to eliminate it and where they are getting in. They'll eat thru the walls and nest. If they are really rats, you need something stronger than D-Con. Try a farm store for HD poison (Bait blocks) or find someone that uses an exterminator for poison.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    You guys are missing the obvious solution...

PYTHONS.

Nature's own rat-o-rooter.:yesway:

speckled%20King%20Snake%20eating%20rat.JPG

Top Bottom