• ...and so much more!
  • Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Where would you suggest we start to get to 500bu/ac corn? It does exist and is under way with many working to make it available to the average farmer…
    Not gonna argue with you, you obviously know much more than I about such matters. I’ve only got 1700 acres under plow now. Corn, beans, alfalfa grass mix, cattle. I’m only running 2 cheap JD tractors and combine and International Harvestor tractor and haying equipment. In my best spots I hope to get 180 to 200 bu/ac corn. I sure envy guy’s like you getting 500 bu/ac. OK you win, your right I’m wrong, you win the argument I apologize. Now do you feel better now?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not gonna argue with you, you obviously know much more than I about such matters. I’ve only got 1700 acres under plow now. Corn, beans, alfalfa grass mix, cattle. I’m only running 2 cheap JD tractors and combine and International Harvestor tractor and haying equipment. In my best spots I hope to get 180 to 200 bu/ac corn. I sure envy guy’s like you getting 500 bu/ac. OK you win, your right I’m wrong, you win the argument I apologize. Now do you feel better now?
    On the other hand as a kid 200 bushel corn was the holy grail in central Indiana. Recently some trials hit 500 bushels per acre. I have similar concerns but not all hope is lost…

My original post stands, you asked for source, I told you the source, then a Corroborating link was posted even greater than my post and you still try to explain it away or deny it. Maybe it is time to put the plow away, and move to no till. We farmed more than that in the 70’s, my farm friends farm 10,000+ acres, also have friends in the seed business as well as most other aspects of farming.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    My original post stands, you asked for source, I told you the source, then a Corroborating link was posted even greater than my post and you still try to explain it away or deny it. Maybe it is time to put the plow away, and move to no till. We farmed more than that in the 70’s, my farm friends farm 10,000+ acres, also have friends in the seed business as well as most other aspects of farming.
    Yep, like I said, not gonna argue. You win—-still. Now do you feel better yet?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Yep, like I said, not gonna argue. You win—-still. Now do you feel better yet?
    Man I feel so left out of this conversation.

Soylent green is where it’s at boys!!
    Stop worrying about the corn yield. We’ll be eating the plastic off those houses with our bugs and be happy about it!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I'd say your issue is less the developer and more your city council and county commission.
    unincorporated so scratch the city council. I can not order a pizza delivered (I like that) so it all falls into currenty the zoning commission and at least one seemed interested enough to drive the area on his time and dollar (maybe) to look at things himself.

The developer has problems but this is what they do. Get land outside and try to sneak in zoning changes after talking landowners into becoming LLC.

When 120 people came to a boring Tuesday 8:45 am meeting I think the commission looked at it differently.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    unincorporated so scratch the city council.
    Cannot say with certainty in your situation but a friend is buying some land not in the city, that is being divided, and the county is requiring city approval, from several departments, before they will sign off on it. They all have their fingers in it…

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison
    Cannot say with certainty in your situation but a friend is buying some land not in the city, that is being divided, and the county is requiring city approval, from several departments, before they will sign off on it. They all have their fingers in it…
    If the city is expected to provide infrastructure and emergency services, I can understand the need for city council input .

Unincorporated does not equate with independent.

Top Bottom