• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RacineDKringle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    Hello!,

I'm a new member here - my husband is Jon Craig.

I feel a little out of place here because I'm a knife girl and haven't shot yet! I'm scoping out some bows, because I'd like to do a little archery to build coordination and strength in my upper body.

I've been to the range a couple of times with Jon and I'm watching him and the other people there shoot to get a feel for how its done. I have osteoarthritis (that's here to stay) and some carpal tunnel (that's getting better) so it's important that I am as careful as possible with my hands. Painy hobbies are ones you don't want to do very often!

I went to the gun show today with Jon and ran into Paperboy (who saw me from Jon's probably horribly unflattering photo of me, thank you for not pointing and running) and Knife Lady!

In various other communities I'm in, we post photos of our 'haul' that we get from shopping, so here is mine:

rdk-haul.jpg

That is a knife and knife sharpener from, er, either Knife Lady or her husband or partner or however that works (ones hates to assume!), a backpack (whee!) from 'hum I can't remember from where but he is 'the bag guy' as far as we're concerned' and a nifty Don't Tread on Me Patch. Those guys will see us again, because they have nice Tshirts and hats too. Did I mention we used to keep herps? So, big fans of snakes anyhow.

The show was great! Lots of nice people, I saw a few rifles and guns that I may want to try out similar ones of at the local range. I can't commit to buying yet until I see how pain and the gun and me will all juxtapose.

Only one kind of stinker of a vendor. I don't like it when vendors call out to you and insinuate that you got a raw deal. They wont' be seeing my money, ever, because I'll remember them. I remember the nice folks too though =)

No bows! Guys, really. If you shoot and use knives, you may use a bow, right? I'm not too wrong on this am I?

So, nice to meet you all and congrats if you followed my post all the way to the end!

RdK

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Welcome to INGO, Mrs JC! Always glad to hear of members getting their spouse/SO to join in on the fun around here, and it looks like you're going to be a positive addition to the community. Welcome, again!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Welcome to INGO, Mrs JC! Always glad to hear of members getting their spouse/SO to join in on the fun around here, and it looks like you're going to be a positive addition to the community. Welcome, again!

MK2JA: Your avatar photo always reminds me of a little guy (tv star) I once knew named "Bevis" :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom