• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mrbelche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    Anyone know a reputable seller of non gmo heirloom seeds? I've been looking around online but don't trust most of the places I found. Any help appreciated.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    any of the large seed comanies have plenty of heirloom varieties. Who is it that you do not trust?

I laugh at how much these survival stores are charging for a #10 can of seeds that are a total cost of about 10 bucks elsewhere.

Mrbelche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    any of the large seed comanies have plenty of heirloom varieties. Who is it that you do not trust?

I laugh at how much these survival stores are charging for a #10 can of seeds that are a total cost of about 10 bucks elsewhere.

Mainly the large seed companies :):. I'm fairly new to this and want to start a large garden this spring. I was looking on Amazon at something like this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003UA84FA/ref=gno_cart_title_1]Amazon.com: Emergency Food Survival Seed Non-gmo Non-hybrid Gift Variety Pack Retail for $135: Everything Else[/ame], but I am not sure how they can guarantee no GMO when I have heard neighboring fields can easily contaminate other crops.

Since I'm new to this I don't know which varieties do well here, that is why I was looking for a variety of seeds to try out. Then once I see what works well I would purchase those individually.

Mrbelche

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012

Lucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Shelbyville
    One of my favs is Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds. I just rec'd the 2013 seed book this week. Tons of non GMO seeds. More than I thought ever available. Good service in my dealings with them...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Where is this elsewhere you speak of, please?

That's what I was wondering....the seeds our company sells is between 35 and 40 for a # 10 can. Have not seen them cheaper...for a bigger bucket I would suggest going to Indy self Defense.

Package is for one Planting, Harvesting, and Seed Collecting Guide that will teach you how cultivate and grow your garden to its full potential.

Can Contents

Contender Bush Bean seeds (2 envelopes - 226.8 g each)

Detroit Dark Red Beet seeds (7.087 g)

Golden Acre Cabbage seeds (1.984 g)

Scarlet Nantes Carrot seeds (7.087 g)

Golden Bantum 8 Corn seeds (113.4 g)

Straight Eight Cucumber seeds (1.984 g)

Salad Bowl Green Leaf Lettuce seeds (3.685 g)

Utah Yellow Sweet Spanish Onion seeds (1.984 g)

Green Arrow Pea seeds (2 envelopes - 226.8 g each)

Sweet Yolo Wonder L Pepper seeds (0.2 g)

Champion Radish seeds (9.355 g)

Boomsdale Long Standing Spinach seeds (7.087 g)

Zucchini Black Beauty Summer Squash seeds (1.984 g)

Sweet Meat Winter Squash (3.685 g)

Rutgers Tomato seeds (0.1 g)

capn willie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Pinetree Garden Seeds
    www.superseeds.com
    large selection of heirloom and non GMO
    Ordering with them since 2001 - never a complaint
    Sitting down tonight with the 2013 book and wrapping up my order

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    At ISD we carry and recomend Heirloom Organics. Their web site is Organic & Heirloom Seeds from Heirloom Organics There is allot of good information on the site you can use even if you use a different brand of seeds. They cover everything from starting your garden to harvesting seeds and long term storage. Cost is the same online or in the shop so feel free to stop in and see us. We order regularly so if there is something you want and we don't have it just let us know.
    Thanks,
    Walt

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It bears noting that one does not need heirloom, non-GMO, organic to have good stock.

And contrary to popular belief, one does not need heirloom to get viable seed product for next planting season.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Originally Posted by Electronrider

Where is this elsewhere you speak of, please?

:popcorn:

Top Bottom