• ...and so much more!
  • deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Anyone use the Axil extreme 2.0? Any good? Is there something better? My Walker muffs are starting to bother my glasses and have to be constantly adjusted.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Along a similar vein, I've been looking for fitted ear plugs that block sound like the electronic muffs.

Anybody have experience with and suggestions for?
    Not sure where you are but I think there's a guy here in Greenwood that molds plugs in your ears.. He made me a set when i was working at Parabellum.. If you are interested PM me and I'll see if I can find his card and send you his info.
    I picked up some of the Caldwell emax Shadows on Ebay for less than $50 a week ago that I really like..

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not sure where you are but I think there's a guy here in Greenwood that molds plugs in your ears.. He made me a set when i was working at Parabellum.. If you are interested PM me and I'll see if I can find his card and send you his info.
    I picked up some of the Caldwell emax Shadows on Ebay for less than $50 a week ago that I really like..

Do they have the electronic noise cancelation?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    No, a ceramic filter that allows low frequency sounds but blocks gunshots very well. I would imagine that molded type plug with noise cancelling is available but they will be unreasonably expensive.
    I would be interested in seeing what he has.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have yet to find any plug that seems to be enough sound blocking for hours of range work with high decibel firearms.

I love the idea of electronic plugs and have a couple sets of Walkers. They seem to work OK for .22's, .38's, 9mm and the like. When you branch into noisy handgun calibers, comps and rifles its a differerent story.

Electronic muffs seem like the only way to go for me? Back when I was shooting competition more regularly, it was not uncommon to see folks wearing plugs and muffs together for optimum hearing protection.

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I use Peltor Sport Tactical 300. I wear hearing aids so they fit perfectly over them and are very comfortable. I have to take off my hearing aids if I use low profile muffs.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Is that the tall thin older black guy that used to do some of the gun shows a few years ago?

If thats him, I have two sets that he molded for me. Money well spent.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I have yet to find any plug that seems to be enough sound blocking for hours of range work with high decibel firearms.

I love the idea of electronic plugs and have a couple sets of Walkers. They seem to work OK for .22's, .38's, 9mm and the like. When you branch into noisy handgun calibers, comps and rifles its a differerent story.

Electronic muffs seem like the only way to go for me? Back when I was shooting competition more regularly, it was not uncommon to see folks wearing plugs and muffs together for optimum hearing protection.
    Thats what we do.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have them. Not impressed. They fall out easy no matter which tip I use, and I dont like the way it filters. If you arent RIGHT on the firing line, it doesnt cut out and the speakers pass the gunshots through and its mildly uncomfortable.

For those who have been there, I'm talking about standing behind the covered pistol bay at Proteq while they were on the rifle line.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I found these to be better. They are a little bulkier than I would prefer, but they do well.

And they are a Hoosier company. HQ is in Carmel. (No showroom or other in-person facilities)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Is that the tall thin older black guy that used to do some of the gun shows a few years ago?

If thats him, I have two sets that he molded for me. Money well spent.
    Not the same guy but I really like the pair I have.. I dug the info up for Big Red so if anyone else is interested send me a PM and I"ll send the info.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    More and more that I research this I find there’s good and bad for all of them. Gonna give them a try. Maybe have to get some molded foam for fit. Ill give a rundown when I get them. I wont have any big bore rifles to give a report on though.

Top Bottom