• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I posted on Armslist. Had a guy contact me. Wanted to know if I would ship it to him. I asked him how far from South Bend he was. He asked, "What state?" I said, "You don't live in Indiana?" The guy lives in South Carolina. I explained I couldn't sell it to him, and that was that.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I had that thought too, but it just seems like they would have bigger fish to go after than a guy selling a single gun. And to have multiple agents trying on the same guy? Fairly unlikely...

It's not unlikely at all. In fact, I'd bet money it was a police/ATF/DoJ caller.

Remember how many resources they used trying to get Randy Weaver to break a law?

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    It's not unlikely at all. In fact, I'd bet money it was a police/ATF/DoJ caller.

Remember how many resources they used trying to get Randy Weaver to break a law?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there was someone they had their sights-on -- I guess it was the random INGO-poster part that didn't seem to fit. Definitely a possibility, though.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    had a guy wanting me to ship my muzzleloader to washington state.. i told him he was on crack.. no way am i shipping a gun 3 thousand miles to some guy i dont know. id have to lose all my guns in an unfortunate hiking expedition.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Bear in mind everyone, that this could be a group like The Brady Bunch trying to "prove" how easy it is for a criminal/terrorist/mental case to get a gun simply by making a phone call.
    Their tactics have traditionally been to make the ownership of legitimate firearms look like the means for "low lifes" getting their hands on weapons.

Or it could be Holder and his Brown Shirts....... :dunno:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have only posted on here and try to trade with ppl I know or at least recognize their names from postings. I always ask if it is legal for them to purchase a firearm and if I don;t know them ask for ID. I try to do my best but you never really know for sure unless it's a close friend,

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    i know this was not in indiana, but this could be a reason for the funny calls.
    as mentioned before news story or just trying to find a poster child for the 'gun crack down' they want to do.
    ASSIGNMENT 13: Armed & dangerous, the world of internet gun sales

There are dishonest people in this world that if they're not allowed to own them, they'll find always to get them.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISKaTp--WQo[/ame]

this video looks like a shady deal all around who would even buy or sell in the manner of this video...maybe just a set up all the way around with a phony ad?

but just shows there are people out there trying to find one of us for a story...lets be careful and stay out of it.

Last edited:

DadOfFour

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Don't know if anyone wants it, but this is a Bill of Sale I use whenever I sell a gun. This combined with ID and LTCH covers me doing my due diligence. By, getting their thumbprint it gives a way to prove who you actually sold it to in case they use false ID.

Bill of Sale

On Day Month Date, Year, ________________ (Hereafter Seller) (DOB:_______) does hereby sell to ______________________ (Hereafter Buyer) (DOB: __________) one Firearm description, including serial number for the sum of $________. By signing below Seller asserts that he has full legal authority to sell said weapon. Additionally by signing below Buyer hereby certifies and asserts that he is legally entitled to purchase said firearm and is in no way legally barred from purchasing or possessing a firearm. Buyer hereby releases and indemnifies Seller from any and all liability related to his purchase, use, and or possession of this firearm.

Signature of Buyer: _____________________________ Date: _____________
    Printed Name of Buyer: __________________________

Buyer’s Right Thumbprint

Signature of Seller: _____________________________ Date: ______________
    Seller’s Right Thumbprint

Printed Name of Seller: ___________________________

lennster

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    I would try and get local PD involved. If it is a sting, it would be hilarious to see them try to arrest each other.

Electronrider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    White County
    Ya know, if you ever get offered some crazy ass sweet deal by an out of state person, simply give them directions to your local gun shop as the place of the exchange. Gonna look awfully stupid if it is a set up, being all ready to bust the bad guy, only to find you sitting there waiting to go inside and do it on the books. I mean, you assumed he was wanting to do this legaally right?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Ya know, if you ever get offered some crazy ass sweet deal by an out of state person, simply give them directions to your local gun shop as the place of the exchange. Gonna look awfully stupid if it is a set up, being all ready to bust the bad guy, only to find you sitting there waiting to go inside and do it on the books. I mean, you assumed he was wanting to do this legaally right?
    Except they would then pay the transfer fee twice, and probably shipping. Then when they get home a 4473.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got caller ID? Note the number and call the local PD, DA's office, or Indiana AG. Let them deal with it, if it is a real out of state buyer OR some sort of "sting".

Top Bottom