• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1 old 0311

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have a handgun for sale on here and also another site. At 7 p.m. I get a message from a guy wanting to buy it. I say fine do you have a Indiana D.L.? He responds "NO. I have a Michigan D.L." I explain it is against the law for me to sell a handgun FTF to an out of State buyer. He responds " Not a big deal I will just slip you a few bucks and it will be cool." I tell him no, and hang up.

Twenty minutes later I get another message from a guy wanting to buy it. I start with my same " do you have an Indiana D.N.?" He responds "no, I have a Oklahoma D.L. but it's not a big deal. I will slip you a few bucks and it will be cool."

Two out of State guys in 20 minutes who say the same thing WORD FOR WORD? :dunno: Looks like a few of Eric Holders friends are in Indy trying to get some business.

STAY LEGAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Maybe you should report this to U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett. Of course, he likely already knows of this, since it's probably his doing...

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    So do you think this is some kind of police set up? I had no clue you couldn't sell a firearm to someone without a Indiana D.L.. here in Indiana, then again I've never sold a firearm. I'll be sure to check the laws before selling one in the future though.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    You know. I love it when my fine government wants to try to BAIT me into breaking the law.

Thats... just a stand up thing to do.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    You can sell without any sort of ID. Its on you and a trip to jail if they are a felon or a non-resident. Requires shipping to an FFL and a 4473 in their state. This is why gunbroker sales have to go through an FFL or two.

Know the law before you sell.

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    You can sell without any sort of ID. Its on you and a trip to jail if they are a felon or a non-resident. Requires shipping to an FFL and a 4473 in their state. This is why gunbroker sales have to go through an FFL or two.

Can you have a FFL or call a police dept. to check and make sure they come back clean?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Thanks for the "heads up". It is annoying to no end, that law abiding citizens have to be on the lookout, because Big Brother is trying to entrap them. Our founding fathers had the same problem with the British monarchy...:shady:

Nate6512

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Fishers
    You know. I love it when my fine government wants to try to BAIT me into breaking the law.

Thats... just a stand up thing to do.

I had that thought too, but it just seems like they would have bigger fish to go after than a guy selling a single gun. And to have multiple agents trying on the same guy? Fairly unlikely...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

I thought that was discussed. It's not your duty to verify they're not a felon. It's your duty to do your best to verify. That's why most people ask for a LTCH. It's not 100% fool proof, but it's peace of mind. I'm not sure it could come back on you, however if it did that would show that you tried.

bust out the username

This.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    If you ask if they are an Indiana resident and ask if they are prohibited from owning firearms, you've done your due diligence in my mind.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    i had this happen a few weeks ago. one guy said he was from illinois, then said he just moved to indiana a few months ago,but he tried to get me to meet him even offered extra money. another guy said he was from ky and said he would be in town the next day that he would trade his for mine, and his was a good $150-200 higher value than what i had,and he was trying his best to trade.
    it to was on armslist. have not ever had any bad meetings/interactions from fellow ingo'ers...+1 for that

Top Bottom