• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Still have to check mine, just haven't had the time. On my to do list for the weekend

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I'll have to check. Does it seem odd that I don't see any reference of this on the Norma site? Anyone see anything on the manufacturer site?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'll have to check. Does it seem odd that I don't see any reference of this on the Norma site? Anyone see anything on the manufacturer site?
    Was actually looking at this and it definitely seems odd that you file a claim thru ammoshoponline.com. You would think it would be thru Ruag, Norma, or Gecko, not a supplier. I could be mistaken though :dunno:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Was actually looking at this and it definitely seems odd that you file a claim thru ammoshoponline.com. You would think it would be thru Ruag, Norma, or Gecko, not a supplier. I could be mistaken though :dunno:
    Makes me want to issue an ammo recall... Send me all 9mm ammo and once received... I'll shoot it to make sure it's safe.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Makes me want to issue an ammo recall... Send me all 9mm ammo and once received... I'll shoot it to make sure it's safe.
    Wonder if they could be a TPA for them? Still I like your idea of creating you own recall. Are you going to make special arrangements to handle and store that excessively high powered round? Seem ps like you could be putting yourself needlessly at risk!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Be aware: folks are having serious issues with Norma 223

Everything I'm seeing with this ammo has been sold thru ammoshoponline. Looking thru some of the comments from thread you posted it almost sounds like ammoshoponline is selling someone's ammo and sticking a Norma label on it

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    There are people on Reddit posting primers seated backwards, bullets setback, bulged case necks, and one rifle that blew up. Norma .223 bulk 500rd in plano cases from AmmoShopOnline.com.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Everything I'm seeing with this ammo has been sold thru ammoshoponline. Looking thru some of the comments from thread you posted it almost sounds like ammoshoponline is selling someone's ammo and sticking a Norma label on it
    Yeah, I checked my Norma ammo and it's not packaged like it is in the link. Those look like "generic" boxes that may have been re-packed.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I bought some Norma “white box” from normashooting.com a while back but have shot it all up so can’t check the boxes. Had some Geco as well in white boxes. It was cheap and I never had an issue at the range with it.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've sent Norma an email inquiring about these issues.

From what I'm seeing I truly don't believe this is a manufacturer issue. All these issues seem to point and ammoshoponline.com, even the initial post on 9mm. Doesn't make sense that the manufacturer hasn't issued a recall, yet a distributor has :dunno:

It's my thinking at this point ammoshoponline is selling crappy remanufactured ammo of some sorts and scamming people

See what reply I get from Norma I guess

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I have been leery of them recently, their 22LR will flat out not function in my MK4, ammo does not have enough power to even try and cycle the action. Tried different lot number ammo and still same issue. The pistol has had no issues with any other ammo to date besides the norma.

This stuff specifically, though my LGS is not aware of anyone else having the same issue.

Top Bottom