• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I'm all in favor for a some Vlad the Impaler justice on Societies worst. Leave the carcass out for the beasts to chew on... That should please the liberals.... You know the whole giving back to Earth stuff... Being a hippy I could support that :)

Realistically I am all for open to the public hangings. All it would take would be for a few to get recorded and on the internet, and I am sure people would start thinking twice. It is a brutal way to execute someone. Nothing like all this pansy lethal injection crap. If we are going to use capital punishment as a deterrent, then lets actually make sure it deters!

Mrkeller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Greensburg
    Realistically I am all for open to the public hangings. All it would take would be for a few to get recorded and on the internet, and I am sure people would start thinking twice. It is a brutal way to execute someone. Nothing like all this pansy lethal injection crap. If we are going to use capital punishment as a deterrent, then lets actually make sure it deters!
    :+1: I have been saying this for years. Bring back public executions

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)

I owe you a drink :D

Heck, lets do it one better.... Gladitorial bouts... It would be MMA on steroids, and you know people would eat that up, pay per view but still.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    "During the hearing, court police increased security, moving the proceedings to a separate courtroom and using metal detectors as people entered the room."

Probably a good idea for them.....people like this don't deserve trials.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Reading that made me sick to my stomach. In my opinion for every man convicted of murder, he should be put in a van to be executed the minute he leaves the court house. If that were the case I bet the murder rate would go way down.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Reading that made me sick to my stomach. In my opinion for every man convicted of murder, he should be put in a van to be executed the minute he leaves the court house. If that were the case I bet the murder rate would go way down.

Then he wouldnt get his 1001 appeals! Cause you know he needs those. He is innocent until found guilty. Then guilty again. Then guilty again. Then guilty again. If we cant retry people found innocent to attempt another guilty verdict, they shouldnt be able to appeal a thousand times to attempt to get a not guilty ruling. Everyone should be allowed one appeal, at which time it should be assessed for merit. If there is possible merit, or more to the story, they should be granted an extended (five years?) period where they can continue to appeal as new fact is discovered. If the original appeal is found to have no merit, no more appeals. Death row inmates should have no more than three years to complete this process.

/My :twocents:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    If we cant retry people found innocent to attempt another guilty verdict, they shouldnt be able to appeal a thousand times to attempt to get a not guilty ruling.

Maybe because, umm, if it's a DEATH penalty case if you make a MISTAKE the government just can't go back & say "oops" & bring the person back to life. :dunno:

I have no problem making ABSOLUTELY SURE an innocent person doesn't get convicted. I would rather free a thousand guilty people than to have ONE INNOCENT person MURDERED by the government.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I find it interesting that people around here don't trust cops and prosecutors and judges when it comes to enforcement of gun laws, but they're just sure that those guys get it all right all the time when it comes to capital murder cases.

Appeals are to make sure the cops and prosecutors and judges didn't make the same screwups you guys are so hard on when it's about guns. There aren't 1000 of them, either.

Severity of punishment has never been shown to be a deterrent.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I find it interesting that people around here don't trust cops and prosecutors and judges when it comes to enforcement of gun laws, but they're just sure that those guys get it all right all the time when it comes to capital murder cases.

Appeals are to make sure the cops and prosecutors and judges didn't make the same screwups you guys are so hard on when it's about guns. There aren't 1000 of them, either.

Severity of punishment has never been shown to be a deterrent.

Spot on!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Maybe because, umm, if it's a DEATH penalty case if you make a MISTAKE the government just can't go back & say "oops" & bring the person back to life. :dunno:

I have no problem making ABSOLUTELY SURE an innocent person doesn't get convicted. I would rather free a thousand guilty people than to have ONE INNOCENT person MURDERED by the government.

I am not saying block people who have a possible legitimate claim. I agree, it is appalling that people spend even years in prison and legitimately innocent. I would hate to have an innocent man executed. I guess my comment was more directed at the guilty people who appeal just because they can, or just to screw the system over. Guess you cant have one without the other.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I am not saying block people who have a possible legitimate claim. I agree, it is appalling that people spend even years in prison and legitimately innocent. I would hate to have an innocent man executed. I guess my comment was more directed at the guilty people who appeal just because they can, or just to screw the system over. Guess you cant have one without the other.

I agree with the opportunity to correct a mistake, but there have to be limits, because criminals are bleeding the system dry. Limit the appeals, 3 strikes, you're fried, no 5 or 10 appeals tying up courts for years, if you're third appeal fails, sentence is carried out within 7 days...
    And I've also heard (so don't quote me as gospel) that some, if not all, death penalty states have an AUTOMATIC appeal when the criminal is sentance to death, even in cases where the guilty party hasn't wanted the appeal!!! Talk about a waste of money!!!

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I agree with the opportunity to correct a mistake, but there have to be limits, because criminals are bleeding the system dry. Limit the appeals, 3 strikes, you're fried, no 5 or 10 appeals tying up courts for years, if you're third appeal fails, sentence is carried out within 7 days...
    And I've also heard (so don't quote me as gospel) that some, if not all, death penalty states have an AUTOMATIC appeal when the criminal is sentance to death, even in cases where the guilty party hasn't wanted the appeal!!! Talk about a waste of money!!!

That is what I was conveying! I do believe the automatic appeal is the case with many (if not all) states. I understand it, since it is more like an oversight committee if the criminal doesnt want it. While I dont think its needed if the criminal doesnt want it, I can see why they do it. Someone gets convicted for a murder they didnt commit. They were taking the fall for someone else. They opt for an "express" execution. Twenty years later the police realize the mistake. They go to try the real criminal for the crime, but the jury gets hung up on the fact that they have already executed a man who claimed to be guilty.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I guess my comment was more directed at the guilty people who appeal just because they can, or just to screw the system over.

The flaw in your logic is in the definition of the term "guilty". By definition when someone is convicted in a court they are found "guilty". Every person who enters the appeals process is "guilty" or they would have no reason to appeal.

Now if you're saying that the "really guilty people" shouldn't get all those appeals, then I have to ask - How do we KNOW they are "really guilty" as opposed to just "guilty". Someone has to make that determination. That is best done (justice-wise, not necessarily financially) through the appeals process. Now we're right back to where we started.

We have no way of knowing that someone is "really guilty" & is just playing the system or is actually innocent & trying not to be killed by the state (outside of a very few cases where there is incontrovertible video evidence - which I think is pretty rare) until they go through the appeals process. Even then we don't absolutely KNOW. It's just that as a society we have decided at that point that its a high probability beyond a reasonable doubt that they are guilty.

That's why I am against the death penalty. There is no evidence that it stops those crimes (they still have murders in China don't they?) & the risk of killing an innocent person is just too great to be worth the risk. There have been many, many cases (especially recently with better investigative tools) where it has been shown that an innocent person was executed.

braz007

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 11, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I haven't been this upset in a while... Reading this and seeing Lee's picture makes me absolutely livid.

Poor Kid (the victim), he was doing what was right, went to school had a good job and then these 4 scumbags think they deserve what he has and then kill him for it. This is why I carry a gun.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Once they are found guilty, they need to be immediatley executed.
    And not with a needle, they need to be shot, maybe even multiple times.
    They're family shall not be given any kind of rights for law suites either.
    If you raise a POS, then you should have no rights to sue for cruel and unusual punishment. I hope they all get the death sentence.

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    Of course, these animals had NO priors at the time of this unfortunate delivery of violence, right ? ?

NONE, in fact, they were probably simply acting out their aggression from a life time of persecution by THE MAN...............

So, the victim deserved what he got, and now we must assure that the perps get a fair and speedy trial, so that they may continue on their paths to being law abiding and productive members of society.

I am out.......:rolleyes:

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Ok, I do not have the figures or sources to back this up. But, when I was in college I did some research and it actually costs more to put the average person to death than it would to keep them in prison. (based on a 50 year stay) After the first set of appeals, the defendant more often than not, has nothing left and the state ends up having to pay for their lawyer(s). (That also factors in the pay of all of the members of the justice system who are part of the appeals process that the tax payers pay for)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Once they are found guilty, they need to be immediatley executed.
    And not with a needle, they need to be shot, maybe even multiple times.
    They're family shall not be given any kind of rights for law suites either.
    If you raise a POS, then you should have no rights to sue for cruel and unusual punishment. I hope they all get the death sentence.

I just hope that you don't ever get wrongfully convicted and executed for something before the system can uncover the mistake through appeal.

And I hope the neighbors don't treat your family like Pieces of S*** before your name gets cleared.

Top Bottom