• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will preface this by saying, I am not a moderator. I have no desire to be a moderator. I can't fathom how difficult being a moderator must be.

But for the love of all things holy, what is up with all of these new threads that are off shoots of long standing, highly visible active threads on the same subject?

I'm not trying to pick on you OP, but there has been an open and active Constitutional Carry thread for months covering all aspects of the bill. It's not some long dormant thread that's hard to find via search. It's at the top of this sub forum daily.

We've seen a number of threads in recent month started well after an existing thread has been established. Frankly, it's getting tiresome and must be a nightmare for mods. FFS people, take two seconds to check if it exists before you start a new thread.

Sorry, :ranton:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Anyone care to dissect this article ?

What I’m seeing is someone who talked to NAGR, an organization that tried to libel and slander Jim Lucas a few years ago. It seems to me that they are now trying to do the same to Ben Smaltz, adding a touch and a hint of truth to an otherwise :bs: story with a lot of insinuation and nonsense.

It is likely that keeping the DNR exception in there will keep their support of the bill, and then they can go back later and deal with that.

Many on our side of this argument like to say that they want “it”, whatever “it” is in the current discussion, *all or none*, in the mistaken belief that “none” is not a real option. I support the restoration of our rights in full and at the same time, recognize that our ability to lawfully exercise those rights was not taken from us all at once, but rather, gradually, a bit at a time. It is my belief that we will take back that lawful ability to exercise our rights in full, gradually, a bit at a time as well. Too, if they move “too fast” in restoring those lawful abilities, and some idiot, useful or otherwise, abuses that ability, there is the constant specter of the media turning the narrative against “those evil, evil Republicans”, in a way that they will never do against a Democrat, unless he has outlived his usefulness to the party, like Andy Cuomo or Al Franken.

Side note, I find it absolutely hilarious that my spell check just corrected that name to “Frankenstein”.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I will preface this by saying, I am not a moderator. I have no desire to be a moderator. I can't fathom how difficult being a moderator must be.

But for the love of all things holy, what is up with all of these new threads that are off shoots of long standing, highly visible active threads on the same subject?

I'm not trying to pick on you OP, but there has been an open and active Constitutional Carry thread for months covering all aspects of the bill. It's not some long dormant thread that's hard to find via search. It's at the top of this sub forum daily.

We've seen a number of threads in recent month started well after an existing thread has been established. Frankly, it's getting tiresome and must be a nightmare for mods. FFS people, take two seconds to check if it exists before you start a new thread.

I agree with you. However, I think that the OP found an article and wanted to discuss it separately, not re: the passage of HB 1369. I will probably merge this in. Thanks for pointing out the thread with the above post; it is posts like this that make the job of moderating this site easier to do.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You can assume I'm from outer space if you like. It really doesn't make a difference, although I have been called upon to produce such documentation for official purposes where a former president strangely enough had not.
    The office that that person occupied does not have a Human Resources dept that checks off all the eligibility questions. That task is left to the parties and to the media. That’s why you have to show documentation, and he did not, until after he was in office and controlled the levers of power that create such documentation.

Blessings,
    Bill

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The office that that person occupied does not have a Human Resources dept that checks off all the eligibility questions. That task is left to the parties and to the media. That’s why you have to show documentation, and he did not, until after he was in office and controlled the levers of power that create such documentation.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Mine wasn't HR. It's .gov.

That saud, I understood that in practice you are right. Particularly the majority of the pre-inauguration vetting is in the hands of the Speaker of the House. No political shenanigans whatsoever.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

You’d make a great mod, and I think Bill just knighted you as such.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    You’d make a great mod, and I think Bill just knighted you as such.
    One must be a monarch to make a keniggit(Monty Python faux-French pronunciation)

As my title is not “king”, and my name not Arthur, I have not done so.

This is not to say that MC would not do well, only recognizing that he has no desire for the position.

Of course, @esrice says the same thing, and I keep telling TexKev he needs to shanghai him back to the mod team.....

Blessings,
    Bill

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What will the the LACK of an Indiana "License to Carry a Handgun" do to our reciprocity. We have all of our neighboring states except Illinois which WE'LL NEVER HAVE, I can literally travel from Canada to "Cuba" or from Canada to Mexico legally on an Indiana permit. Will the lack of the permit impact this?
    What makes you think that Indiana will lack such a license? The license remains. It is merely being renamed as a "Reciprocity License", and will no longer be statutorily required for handgun carry in Indiana.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I firmly support and believe in the Second Amendment! I have followed the progress of this Bill. I wonder, however, how moving to an Indiana Constitutional carry will effect the reciprocity agreements that other non Constitutional carry states have with Indiana. I suspect that those states would be significantly less welcoming to unlicensed but armed Indiana visitors.
    Please read the bill.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Anyone care to dissect this article ?

My dissection is as follows:

**** NAGR.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    By the way, state senator Crane spoke at my church this morning. I took the opportunity after the service to ask him about HB 1369. He did indicate that, assuming it gets out of committee, he does support it. I assumed as much, but always good to confirm (and to let him put a face to a name that occasionally calls his office).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Mine wasn't HR. It's .gov.

That saud, I understood that in practice you are right. Particularly the majority of the pre-inauguration vetting is in the hands of the Speaker of the House. No political shenanigans whatsoever.
    I got that... They didn’t call them HR... the military calls them “recruiters”... as you noted, people who tick the boxes and ensure everyone who enlists is eligible to serve. There’s no such dept or person as an arm of govt to do that for the Presidency. That’s all I was saying. :-/

Blessings,
    Bill

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    By the way, state senator Crane spoke at my church this morning. I took the opportunity after the service to ask him about HB 1369. He did indicate that, assuming it gets out of committee, he does support it. I assumed as much, but always good to confirm (and to let him put a face to a name that occasionally calls his office).

What did he speak about?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Generally, the role of Christians in politics. It was part of an "elephant in the room" series, the first two messages of which were on addiction and depression. (So, politics would be a logical next topic...)
    I can see how politics could lead to depression and addiction.

Lack of purple is intentional.

Blessings,
    Bill

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Heads up... one of the statewide newspaper chains is preparing to torpedo 1369 with a multi-paper editorial targeting the representatives and the governor within the next few days. (These folks need to mind their own business)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Heads up... one of the statewide newspaper chains is preparing to torpedo 1369 with a multi-paper editorial targeting the representatives and the governor within the next few days. (These folks need to mind their own business)
    Isn't writing editorials half of their business?

Top Bottom