• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My wife's new car, not a blemish till today, all because some asswipian decided that her car was a door stop for their car door. Left a little reminder that they were there. Aarrrrrrrrrgh. I feel better now. Thanks for indulging my frustration.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    My poor bonneville ssei has those marks on all four doors due to ignorants. I make my wife park our new van far away from everybody. Feel your pain :(

jkfletcher

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    A geographical oddity
    That sucks and is inconsiderate. I've had that happen to me twice while I was sitting in the car. People said "that's what the trim strip is for" and couldn't seem to understand why I was upset.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    That sucks and is inconsiderate. I've had that happen to me twice while I was sitting in the car. People said "that's what the trim strip is for" and couldn't seem to understand why I was upset.

I had someone bump my side mirror while I was sitting in my car at work. Looked, and just kept on going. No damage, but he definitely knew I was unhappy with the experience when I seen him on the shop floor later.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    when my truck was still new i was working in the shop, and left a bunch of plywood stacked up on the overhead door. forgot about it and raised the door - BANG big crease in the hood.

eh,**** happens, shouldnt care in the end.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I had a person hit my mirror and take it off of my truck while in was in the vehical.... And then the same mirror closed in and shattered on my elbow. Thennnn they drove away. I called the police and they said "there wasn't enough damage done for an investigation" (he was talking to me while I pulled class from my elbow). Needless to say I was pissed. But anyway sorry to hear about your car

Duke Short

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    It's a shame you couldn't treat the asswipian like the wimpy writer in The Shootist When Books places a gun in the writer's mouth and says "Make like that's a nipple

zepan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    When we park and all the kids start flying out of our Denali all I can do is hold my breath. I am usually yelling and grabbing doors with every appendage that I have. Knock on wood no door dings to date.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    When I suggested to my wife that it's time for a new car her first comment was that it would just get banged up in parking lots. When possible I park far from the other cars. Still, I'll come out and cars will be next to me when there are plenty of spaces elsewhere. I swear my car is a magnet. I love the clowns in monster vehicles that park so close that I can't get the drivers door open wide enough to get in. Or how about the idiots that don't return carts on a windy day?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I hate these kind of people. Just not payin attention to surroundings.. Looking out for only themselves and 1" infront of their nose.. They usually drive the same way too.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    When I bought my Prelude in 2001 brand new, I wanted to prevent the girls from dinging it in the garage so I hung those foam pool noodles from the rafters between my wife's and my cars. Worked for awhile until the rope hooked my wife's mirror and brought down the garage. OK, I exaggerate, but it did rip the mirror off the Accord. Then there is 'dentless repair.' Shortly thereafter, I built myself some magnetic security strips that I would attach to my Prelude in dicey situations. Took a bit of R&D (which glue, which magnet, under layment). I ended up with a 3 layer sol'n. Rubber/plastic security strip, glued magnet tape, industrial velvet under layer to prevent self inflicted scratches. Looks so nice I've left them on permanently, at least on the passenger side. I have a less than 2 month old Nissan Juke and just received 20' of 1 1/2 vinyl strip and 4ft of 3" 'extra hold' magnetic tape. Will construct some soon. The other choice is to just glue the security strip to the vehicle (cheaper). They come with 3m adhesive on one side.

Last edited:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    If you don't F.I.U. yourself, rest assured someone else will. Take it up to "Rock Stars" paint and body shop. They will fix it for a reasonable rate.

kbailey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Lafayette
    I was sitting in the parking lot at Meijer in Lafayette finishing my shopping list when an old man in a station wagon pulled in to the space in front of me. He pulled in so far that he hit my truck. I looked up, realized what happened, gave him a WTF?!? look, he backed up 6 inches then got out of his car and walked away like nothing happened. There was no damage to my truck but the fact that he was so inconsiderate that he couldn't even acknowledge he made a mistake and apologize made me furious instantly.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    That first scratch/dent is a tough one. The angst nearly unbearable. For the sake of serenity, would be better to get it over with and put a small one in yourself.

Since it is not always obvious to that person who is parking beside me, I have pondered the effectiveness of a sign that would read, " a dent in my truck + the sledge hammer I carry (somewhat CC) = huge dent in your vehicle".

I have a beater that I drive to work just because evidently it is no longer considered rude to bang on other people's vehicles. Couple that with the tight parking spots, I have accepted the probability. Beat away. Starts everyday and loves the snow and ice.

Bang on mama's truck, best hope mama is not driving it, WHEW...

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    If you don't want your car hit by goombas, park in the boonies. It does wonders, plus I can use the exercise.

Top Bottom