• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I'll post this one here since it doesn't fit into the 1911/Polymer Gun/Wheel Gun threads.

I haven't shot this one yet (I inherited this recently) but it might become my "Backup" if I find it shoots reliably. It is lightweight and has a good feel.

Makarov.jpg

Last edited:

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Mine has the same holster as both of these.

As I inherited this I don't know much background on it. Is there a story behind the holster design?

Not that I know of. Just your typical leather military holster with a pocket for a spare mag and a cleaning rod attached to the back.

Here's a website about the Makarov pistol if you're interested:

Makarov.com

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Mine has the same holster as both of these.

As I inherited this I don't know much background on it. Is there a story behind the holster design?

I may be wrong but I thought that the holsters were a copy of some earlier German designs. Most European countries used similar designs at some point for smaller police pistols.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    IMG_0202.jpg

sig 229 platinum elite w/ equinox grips

Nice Sig 229, those shoot nice but it didn't fit my fat hands very well... too small to be my primary pistol. VERY accurate though.

I may be wrong but I thought that the holsters were a copy of some earlier German designs. Most European countries used similar designs at some point for smaller police pistols.

I remember an eastern Euro style holster being portrayed in old films as having a large fold over flap to keep rain out, it's probably a continuation of that tradition.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    [quoteI remember an eastern Euro style holster being portrayed in old films as having a large fold over flap to keep rain out, it's probably a continuation of that tradition.[/quote]

The Germans used these for their smaller weapons and the harder Clamshell type of the P08 and P38s. I seem to recall a few P38s in a similar holster though. I have a High Power Police gun in a similar holster as well.

Top Bottom