Handgun Mastery (3 Days St. George, Utah)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I'll be flying out to Las Vegas, on Sept 6th renting a car and driving to St. George, Utah. Meeting a really good friend who chose me to be his guest for a class at Tactical Performance Center taught by Ron Avery. I owe my friend a good steak dinner when we get out there and thats all he's asked for. Taking my 9mm M&P 2.0 full size, trijicon xd xr sights, 6 mags, a couple KT MECH holsters, 2000 rds of fiochi 115gr 9mm. Also taking my glock 19, trijicon xd xr sights and 6 mags as a backup gun in case my M&P goes down. While we're out there can anyone recommend good gun stores to go check out? Maybe Restaurants? Its going to be a hot one during this class, in the videos online I see people wearing shorts, is this going to be a good idea for this class?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Shorts will require sunscreen. I predict the 2.0 will not let you down. Looking forward to a full report on the class. Ron Avery is a very good shooter and can impart a ton of knowledge I understand.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    The M&P has had zero malfunctions to date. I shot a dot torture target last weekend 37 out of 50. Planning on shooting that target again this Sunday and focusing more. Its going to be a whirlwind of a weekend class. I have to cut out of the Sunday class a little early for my flight, I'll arrive back in Indy at 11:55pm Sunday night and have a two hour drive home, then back to work Monday morning.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Range bag is packed, last of the laundry is in the dryer. My friend will be meeting me Wednesday to pick up all my gear and he's driving out next Tuesday. I think we're going to meet up at applied ballistics for one last shoot before the class. I have to finish up the work week and spend the weekend with the family.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    St George range and surrounding area is awesome. Range is a dusty gravel but I didn't have any problems with gear when I shot there. They had pretty decent awnings on the bays but you'll want to pack sunscreen and towels. Some microfiber ones to wipe off mags, and hand towel for sweat. I wore shorts for the match but have no idea what you'll be doing for class. We didn't find much for gun stores around St George. We spent most of our free time at Zion National Park.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    We spent a couple hours at applied ballistics today. I shot very well but had two fliers. Other than that guns ran perfect. Zion park has been added to our trip. Micro fiber towels will be added to my carry on bag. Thank you guys for the heads up. The owner of applied is going out to st. george the week after us. He's taking a week long competiton training class.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Got my carry on packed and alarm clock set for the morning. I suck at posting pictures, if someone would pm me their cell number I'll send pics from the class if the recipient would post them for me.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I don't even know where to start with the experience at TPC. It was amazing, they are great people, the wealth of knowledge they share is mind boggling. I will take this class again. It wasn't rushed and they spent extra time with me any time I had a problem.
    Joann Bradley checked the sights on my gun on day one and embarrassed the crap out of me but they figured out it wasn't a sight issue and it was a grip issue I was having. Glen Wong worked into lunch with me fixing my grip issue. My accuracy went up to the point on day three when they told me to shoot a perfect bullseye I did every time. They push the students until accuracy starts to fail, then they back up, go over the fundamentals and torture you with a target that is far worse then what you were doing when you started to fail. 25 one inch dots at 5 yards, 3 shots in each dot. I now understand the drills I see coach posting in other threads. 50/50 is one I will be practicing everytime I go out, along with tpc 24, and horizontal and vertical bars. I'm waiting on my guns to get back so I can get back out to the range. My peltor electronic ears took a crap day two when the left side stopped working, my upula mag loader broke day three, three mag springs are worn out on my m&p 2.0. The fiocchi ammo was flawless 1800 rounds and zero problems.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I texted the owner of Briggs Core Dynamics today, He's local and responded back quickly. We met up and talked for a hour and I'm buying a membership to his range. He understands how crappy my work schedule is and offered to let me in a transitioning and moving while shooting class on a Sunday. Things I still need to work on. There will still be the mandatory range safety class and not so mandatory defensive class I'll be taking my wife to and telling her its part of the package.

Top Bottom