• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Picked up a .32 S&W revolver, a few weeks ago. No ammo to be found.

Thought, no big deal, I will pick up some dies, brass and a bullet mold and roll my own.

Well, bullet mold and brass was no problem. Dies, on the other hand....

Checked two dozen places and all sold out. For this little oddball caliber?? Two places said they were expecting some in June or July. Maybe TWO sets by then, one place said.

Watched Ebay for a couple of weeks. Looking for .32 Smith and Wesson long (was going to shorten the sizing die) and .32 ACP (used with a #4 shell holder) or 32 Smith and Wesson.

Yeah, they are going for $70-$90. I don't NEED them, I want them.

Low and behold, I found new, 32 Smith and Wesson dies outside the country but figured that shipping would be cost prohibitive.

Nope! All said and done, I paid about $10 over pre-panic prices, to my door. Shipping was less than $10

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I know we have the ammo in stock at the store and we might have dies as well (I'm not sure without being there to look). All the dies we have are the same prices as 2 years ago since my cost has not gone up. We currently have over 80 different types of dies. The last few cases of ammo were more expensive, but it's not as crazy as common calibers.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I know we have the ammo in stock at the store and we might have dies as well (I'm not sure without being there to look). All the dies we have are the same prices as 2 years ago since my cost has not gone up. We currently have over 80 different types of dies. The last few cases of ammo were more expensive, but it's not as crazy as common calibers.
    Do you have dies for .30-06 and/ or .30-30. RCBS, Lyman, Hornady preferred. I'm not a Lee fan.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With that thread title you had me thinking we needed to send a priest to perform last rites over your gun!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Do you have dies for .30-06 and/ or .30-30. RCBS, Lyman, Hornady preferred. I'm not a Lee fan.

Other than Lee dies, we have RCBS .30-06 for $45.80 plus tax ($49) and RCBS .30-30 for the same price.
    We also have a Redding deluxe die set in .30-06 for $75.71 plus tax ($81).

Top Bottom